My top 10 sitcoms/comedies of the decade Page 3

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 9 2010, 12:27 PM GMT

No-one's mentioned The Mighty Boosh - quite incredible. The first series was long, rich and inventive - though admittedly it had been strained through stage and radio first.

We're talking bout Top 10 Sitcoms/comedies of the decade. Probably why it's not been mentioned.

Quote: Griff @ January 9 2010, 2:29 PM GMT

Matt - I'm not a big Arrested Development fan, I've got the S1 box set and watched a few, but it doesn't really grab me.

I'm genuinly surprised. For me it's probably the best sitcom of the last decade. The fact you rate 30 Rock so highly, but not AD, is probably what makes me surprised, as I think they're quite similar in a lot of ways really.

The Office
QI
Alan Partridge 2
The Jonathan Ross Show
That Mitchell & Webb Look
Love Soup
Have I Got News For You
Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere
Miranda
Little Britain

Quote: chipolata @ January 9 2010, 2:51 PM GMT

Doesn't your list contain Pyschoville, Griff? Isn't that more serial comedy than sitcom?

The thread is for top sitcoms/comedies, so Psychoville counts.

The correct answer is:

1: Curb Your Enthusiasm
2: The Office (UK)
3: The Office (US)
4: I'm Alan Partridge
5: Peep Show
6: The Inbetweeners
7: Family Guy
8: 30 Rock
9: Flight of the Conchords
10: Nathan Barley

An honourable mention: South Park, Lead Balloon and Phoenix Nights

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

The Office (UK)
The Office (US)
Green Wing
South Park
30 Rock
My Name is Earl
Family Guy
Outnumbered
The Inbetweeners
Flight of the Conchords

1.Green Wing
2.The Office
3.Peep Show
4.Curb Your Enthusiasm
5.Extras
6.Outnumbered
7.The Thick Of It
8.The Inbetweeners
9.Black Books
10.Pulling

Honourable mentions: Gavin and Stacey, The Mighty Boosh, The Smoking Room, Garth Marenghi..., Nathan Barley, Little Britain, Psychoville, Man Stroke Woman

I'd give an honourable mention to 'Eastbound And Down'; I really liked that show a lot. Also, off the top of my head, 'Curb', 'Gavin And Stacey', 'Coupling', 'Catterick', 'Jam', 'Human Remains', 'Green Wing', 'Marion And Geoff', 'Malcolm In The Middle', 'The Inbetweeners', 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Flight Of The Conchords', 'The Venture Brothers', 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'Pulling'. There's been quite a lot of good shows over the last decade really, and I'm not even including shows that started in the previous decade, but crept over into the next, like 'I'm Alan Partridge', 'Spaced', 'Friends', 'Big Train' and 'The League Of Gentlemen'!

Shit - forgot Monkey Dust!

And Help!

Not one person has mentioned The Armando Iannucci Show.

'East End Thug' will be visiting you shortly to rectify this mistake...

I don't think there's any good enough to mention in a favourites list.

Alan Partridge was really invented in the 90s, so I don't think that sshould be mentioned (if it did, One Foot in the Grave would have to be included). I'd say Black Books, but I didn't think Series 3 was that good, and a lot of it was lacked substance and plot. I'd list My Family, but not After You've Gone. So that's 1 out 10.

My list :

1) The Office (UK)
2) Extras
3) Peep Show
4) The Inbetweeners
5) The IT Crowd

The only 5 worth mentioning IMO.

1) Arrested Development
2) Spaced
3) Black Books
4) The Office (UK)
5) Peep Show
6) Phoenix Nights
7) Curb (for the Seinfeld reunion alone)
8) Big Bang Theory

I can't think of anything else I enjoyed enough to warrant being on this kind of list, extras was okay but nothing particularly special.

EDIT - How in the donkey's monkey did I forget The Thick Of It, stick that in at number 3 and you have my list. In fairness, I don't think it's been that bad a decade in terms of top quality shows, it's just that the poor stuff really has been dreadful.

A few mentions for Family Guy and South Park, I thought these both started in the 1990s?