Who remembers Love Thy Neighbour?

I think this is one of the funniest British commedies ever, hilarious stuff.

:)

Who remembers this thread?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1042

My mum loves it and so I bought it for her birthday. Will definitely have a watch of it soon.

Apparently it went too far with the racist stuff. If that is the case then this show should be remade with the racism toned down as I think it would be a very interesting sitcom about a BNP member living next to a black family.

This would actually be a sitcom that is relevant and taking a good idea which didn't reach it's full potential and improving it as opposed to the remake of Reggie Perrin which pointlessly tried to build on perfection.

I don't think any channel would go anywhere near this kind of thing again. Although its premise would make a relevent sitcom for today, the negative feedback from offended folk would deter any company touching it, which is a bit of a shame, because I enjoyed it at the time and it was never as racist as it's been made out to be - honky Eddie was the main butt of the show's jokes and always came off worse. He just used a few words he would probably get put in jail for saying today, but they were pretty harmless really.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ December 29 2009, 9:38 PM GMT

If that is the case then this show should be remade with the racism toned down as I think it would be a very interesting sitcom about a BNP member living next to a black family.

--- starring Jim Davidson and Lenny Henry - Comedy Gods!!

Thread closed. Please refer to the earlier one that Morrace linked to previously. Thanks.