Not Again: Not The Nine O'Clock News Page 4

Terrific show, I had such a crush on Griff, still do if I'm honest. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 28 2009, 11:08 PM GMT

I'll be watching the documentary later (Was watching Triffids) but caught that episode they put on after. So that was a compilation? Was a bit odd. That song at the end was awful though, the joke didn't even make sense! Kinda Lingers sounds a bit rude, but it doesn't really make sense as an alternative to goodbye, does it?!

As it's the final bit, ever, ever of NTNON, it's all a play on the phrase 'Goodbye is the hardest word to say...', whereas on telly in 1982, an even harder word to say would have been 'Cunnilingus'. So that's what they say instead. They never actually say 'Kinda Lingers'. That's what John Lloyd told his bosses they were saying so they could get away with it (hence the on screen graphic).

Just watched the repeat of this doc a few hours ago. Spit out my Vimto laughing when Kinda Lingers popped up at the end.

With regards to the writers, I also seem to recall Stephen Fry sold them a sketch when he was still in uni. The man in the toilet who assaults someone and dries his own hands by his mouth like an air dryer.

Seems like no one liked Pamela, Rowan didn't and Mel said something a little while back about her too. What's up with her?

This Guardian book reviewer certainly didn't seem to like her:

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2003/oct/20/digestedread.theeditorpressreview7

I liked Pamela but for different reasons. Yes I remember reading the Fry anecdote too.