Best Christmas specials

Which Christmas specials (sitcoms, sketch shows, etc.) would you rate as the best? :) My favourite is probably Knowing Me, Knowing Yule. :D

A-ha!!

I wouldn't argue with your choice although the League of Gentlemen one sticks out in my mind more.

A Christmassy Ted is also mighty fine.

Quote: drZee @ December 21 2009, 8:46 AM GMT

Which Christmas specials (sitcoms, sketch shows, etc.) would you rate as the best? :) My favourite is probably Knowing Me, Knowing Yule. :D

A-ha!!

Which is being shown on BBC2(?) this Christmas. (Is it the 28th?) :)

We've had this thread before but I'll let it pass. Knowing Me Knowing Yule with Alan Partridge is my personal favourite. Although the Office Christmas specials were very enjoyable, as was the Blackadder Christmas Special.

Did the same thread myself a couple of Christmasses ago. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/4123

The League of Gentlemen for me too. I think it's the best thing they've ever done.

Blackadder was also brill skills, and I have a fondness for Father Ted's special as well (also love Linehan's commentary where he keeps moaning about how long it is)

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ December 21 2009, 1:08 PM GMT

The League of Gentlemen for me too. I think it's the best thing they've ever done.

£3 in Tesco.

The Royle Family Denise giving birth one probably. The One Foot In The Grave Ones were also brilliant.

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2009, 1:10 PM GMT

£3 in Tesco.

How much for some home brand lemonade?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 21 2009, 1:18 PM GMT

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I can imagine them frolicking with Stott foam dripping down their chins...what were we discussing again?

Ah yes, Christmas specials. Just watched The Fast Show Christmas special on Sunday. Not bad. Although not as good as I remembered it being.

A Christmassy Ted of the Father Ted.

Victoria Wood With All The Trimmings