The Grumpy Guide To Christmas

Hi there British Comedy Guide Forum Chums,

Just thought I'd drop you a note to let you know that The Grumpy Guide to Christmas is airing on Wednesday 23rd December at 9pm on BBC2 and on Thursday 24th December at 10:40pm on BBC2.

I'm in it a bit so do please check it out.

Nice!

It really sucks the way you people try to keep me out of the circut. All I get here is back-to-back Saxondale on BBC Entertainment and I can't access any of the pod-players. I know these restrictions has been set up because all of Britain fears my comedy talent and therfore teamed up on me. You've succeded in keeping me down thus far, but soon I'll find a way to watch what you're watching;
Jonathan Ross's hair, Baldric in tights and the proper way to spell the word DAMMING. Then we'll see what's what.

Just kidding, I know you love me. :P

Watching this now and it's great - showbiz millionairres sit in their plush homes and tell 3 million unemployed why they don't like Christmas.

Sure, you may have lost your house and your job this year but spare a thought for poor Bobby Davro, who doesn't like sprouts and for the pitiable Penny Smith who hates sending cards.

These tales of Yuletide woe by some of our richest and most famous celebrities are fare bringing a Christmas tear to my eye. Teary

Quote: greensville @ December 20 2009, 10:29 AM GMT

I'm in it a bit so do please check it out.

Nice!

Ooh!
So which one were you?

S'alright.

I think greensville is playing the typical everyman to illustrate the gripes of all the celebrities.

Cool, now they're having a moan about going abroad for Christmas and how it's not the same. The poor little Crimbo ducklings.

I'm waiting for 'And we have to tip the servants, I mean, we pay the foreign devils minimum wage and give them a box room to live in - ungrateful c**ts.'

BTW - well done on getting such a high profile gig greensville - Merry Christmas!

They've already done that bit, RC! Moaning about bin men and paper boys expecting tips.

Quote: Aaron @ December 23 2009, 9:31 PM GMT

They've already done that bit, RC! Moaning about bin men and paper boys expecting tips.

Laughing out loud

That's true, can you imagine making £80,000 by doing an advert for Morrisons and then having to give a tenner to the bin man? It's beyond comprehension.

Ohh, you mean he might be playing the actor bloke?

Ah, yes he is.
Not in it 'a bit', in it the whole way throoooough!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 23 2009, 9:24 PM GMT

Sure, you may have lost your house and your job this year but spare a thought for poor Bobby Davro, who doesn't like sprouts and for the pitiable Penny Smith who hates sending cards.

Penny Smith can cry on my shoulder anytime ...............

Let's just get one thing straight here . . I do not need any half arsed TV show to tell me how to be grumpy for Christmas !

Stuff your tinsel in the turkey and stick your mince pies where the sun don't shine !

And New Years Eve is an even bigger 'why aren't you joining in' pack of crap.

See you on Jan 4th.

Angry

The only thing that makes me grumpy at Christmas is all these lazy, unimaginative, cliche ridden "Grumpy Guide to Christmas" programmes.

For the record, I quite like sprouts and contrary to what everyone on that programme seems to believe, I love Christmas pudding, in fact I like nearly all Christmas food.

Despite the cliches I can't remember the last time that "The Great Escape", "The Sound of Music" or a Bond film was on a mainstream channel on Christmas Day and does Christmas really start in July? Really?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 24 2009, 10:46 AM GMT

For the record, I quite like sprouts and contrary to what everyone on that programme seems to believe, I love Christmas pudding, in fact I like nearly all Christmas food.

I like Christmas food too. They had it everyday in the canteen at work one year and I chowed down like a pig, baby!

I love all Christmassy stuff too. Even sprouts.
But I still enjoy grumpy people moaning about it.

I'm enjoying making my daughter grumpy - she keeps asking for a guitar but without actually saying she's not getting one I'm saying naff stuff that it has been hard this year, there's been a shortage etc and pulling sad faces.

I'm looking forward to seeing her face tomorrow but I might string it out further by hiding it somewhere. :)

What a meany I am