Daftest comedy catchphrase Page 3

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 18 2009, 2:08 PM GMT

Would that mean that The Saucy Nancy is Mary Magdalene?

I think that is the general theory, with Aunt Sally as Mary. Wurzel could be said to emphasise the theological stance that Jesus was fully man and fully God, by his head changes.

Now who's pointing the pink finger.

It's just a slightly camper version of Blake7.

A Dr Who Worzel Gummidge team up would have been ace.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2009, 2:16 PM GMT

A Dr Who Worzel Gummidge team up would have been ace.

:D

In all honesty it was before my time.

"One of ham and two of peas."

"What a f**king liberty".

Rolling eyes

"'Has he been?"

"It's been a good year for the Commonwealth." Every year she says it, every year it fails to raise more than a mild titter in my house. Unimpressed

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 18 2009, 2:15 PM GMT

I think that is the general theory, with Aunt Sally as Mary. Wurzel could be said to emphasise the theological stance that Jesus was fully man and fully God, by his head changes.

I like that miracle where he changes ten carrots into fingers.

Was I the only person who, as a kid, found the whole changing heads thing, rather sinister and creepy? Teary

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 18 2009, 3:16 PM GMT

Was I the only person who, as a kid, found the whole changing heads thing, rather sinister and creepy? Teary

For the sake of argument, yes. Bloody weirdo.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 18 2009, 3:17 PM GMT

Bloody weirdo.

This from the man who compares a comedy scarecrow in a field with the Crucifixion scene? Rolling eyes

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 18 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

This from the man who compares a comedy scarecrow in a field with the Crucifixion scene? Rolling eyes

I like the way you have to guess in each episode whether he's going to fall forwards or backwards on his cross. (Worzel, that is, not JC)

Wave

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 18 2009, 3:28 PM GMT

I like the way you have to guess in each episode whether he's going to fall forwards or backwards on his cross.

I used to play a game with my kids when they were babies. You'd sit one of them on the sofa and place bets on which way she would fall. Won a few quid against my mates on that one. Who says babies are pointless, eh? :)

Thingy (Mrs Baddiel) said "Tickle me turnips" on Catterick, didn't she?