Sketches that would make good sitcoms Page 2

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2009, 10:17 PM GMT

Vic And Bob's 'The Club'.

I'd forgotten about that.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2009, 10:17 PM GMT

Vic And Bob's 'The Club'.

Well, they translated one of the bouncers from 'The Club' - Chris Palmer - to, er, Chris Palmer in Catterick? Likewise the character of 'Kinky John' become D.I. Keith Fowler. ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2009, 10:34 PM GMT

Well, they translated one of the bouncers from 'The Club' - Chris Palmer - to, er, Chris Palmer in Catterick? Likewise the character of 'Kinky John' become D.I. Keith Fowler. ;)

Yes, but I'd still like more of The Club!! No one had a tiny key around their neck in Catterick!!

I was trying to imagine the Nudge Nudge fella from Monty python in his own Sitcom.
Maybe the best sketches should be completely unsitcommable.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 6 2009, 10:08 PM GMT

The picky* dad character from Fast Show.

*Can't think how else to discribe him.

Do you mean the character officially known as Competitive Dad (played by Simon Day)? Errr Otherwise I'm not sure which one you mean?

Would have liked to have seen a big, silly series (done as a parody of a Howard's Way type of show) with Fry & Laurie's businessmen, John and Peter. Damn!

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2009, 10:39 PM GMT

Would have liked to have seen a big, silly series (done as a parody of a Howard's Way type of show) with Fry & Laurie's businessmen, John and Peter. Damn!

I was just going to say that one!

DAAAAAMNNN!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

Yes, but I'd still like more of The Club!! No one had a tiny key around their neck in Catterick!!

Well 'The Club' was the main highlight (amongst a lot of ropey material, unfortunately) of the series Bang Bang It's Reeves And Mortimer. Think it would struggle as a sitcom though. It often struggled to fill its five minute sketch slot.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2009, 10:42 PM GMT

Well 'The Club' was the main highlight (amongst a lot of ropey material, unfortunately) of the series Bang Bang It's Reeves And Mortimer. Think it would struggle as a sitcom though. It often struggled to fill its five minute sketch slot.

(I don't really want to see it made into a sitcom, though I love the sketches)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 6 2009, 10:39 PM GMT

Do you mean the character officially known as Competitive Dad (played by Simon Day)? Errr Otherwise I'm not sure which one you mean?

Yes, competative dad! I couldn't find the word, and so went for something nowhere near it :) But that's the one I meant.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2009, 10:44 PM GMT

(I don't really want to see it made into a sitcom, though I love the sketches)

For me, Kinky John is the star of those sketches, and fortunately there's plenty of him as Fowler in Catterick anyway. :)

I asked my oldest and he said Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (of course! Laughing out loud ) while I would love to see a series based on Mr. Chumley Warner.

This sketch is totally weird, I think you woud all enjoy it a lot
Spam link

Quote: AndreaLynne @ December 7 2009, 2:28 AM GMT

I asked my oldest and he said Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (of course! Laughing out loud ) while I would love to see a series based on Mr. Chumley Warner.

lol, bless him! :) Chumley Warner would be ace too!

Quote: alec brownworth @ December 7 2009, 5:25 AM GMT

This sketch is totally weird, I think you woud all enjoy it a lot
Spam link

You're all getting really annoying now.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ December 7 2009, 2:28 AM GMT

Mr. Chumley Warner.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 7 2009, 1:48 PM GMT

Chumley Warner would be ace too!

Hate to be a pedant, but it's Mr Cholmondley-Warner. Sorry. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 7 2009, 2:10 PM GMT

Hate to be a pedant, but it's Mr Cholmondley-Warner. Sorry. :(

Jeez, sorry about that. I actually looked it up on a couple of different sites and that was how they had is spelled. I don't have the episodes for reference anymore. Apologies. :(