The Green Green Grass - DVD purchase?

I'm a massive OFAH fan so wondered if anyone would recommend me buying the DVD of The Green Green Grass Series 1 rather than waiting many years for it to be shown over here?

The second series is being repeated on tomorrow at 7:30pm on BBC1. (Not much use to you Rob, sorry!)

I haven't seen that series yet, but watched the first. I like it but not enough to buy it, put it that way.

A few clips on a well-known video site that might give you a flavour for it.

Dan

Only buy if it cheap

STEER WELL CLEAR OF IT! IT'S HORRENDOUSLY, DIABOLICALLY AWFUL!

Everyone I know who's seen it agrees with me.

It's a shame that John Sullivan is now one of the worst writers around now. I was going to write to him and tell him how much I enjoyed Heartburn Hotel, Just Good Friends, Dear John and Only Fools but then I saw Green Green Grass and lost all of my respect for him.

There's ONE reference to Del in the first episode, and that's it.It really is a different show. It's comparing the best comedy ever to the worst.

This is a quote from the first episode:

Tyler: What about yous?
Boycie: "Yous"? Ewes are female sheep.
Marlene: Leave him alone.
Tyler: Yeah, who does he think he is. Winston Shakespere?

Words just can't describe it, can they.

At the end of that episode, Boycie says, "Look at that view, Marlene." And she says, "Stuff the view". Her line was dubbed over, what she actually said was, "F**k the view." Only Fools never used the F word in all of its 65 episodes. Green Green Grass uses it in the pilot. It just goes to show how indescribaly horrendously bad it is.

I do my best to block it out.

It realy is quite crap. I tried it once, Urghhhhhhh, tried it again because a few peeps were raving like loony's about it, Arghhhhhhhhhhh!
I even tried one more time and noooooooooooo thanks. Total and utter manure.

Quote: Dave @ April 17, 2007, 10:19 PM

Tyler: What about yous?
Boycie: "Yous"? Ewes are female sheep.
Marlene: Leave him alone.
Tyler: Yeah, who does he think he is. Winston Shakespere?

I thought that was quite funny!

;)

Dan

Made me laugh. ;)

Anyway. It's worth checking out, IMO. Perhaps try and find some clips first though. Depends how much it's going to cost you?

GGG is great. It starts well, slows down a bit and then picks up steam.

Find a friendly person with the DVD who'll do you a copy if you aren't sure whether you'll like it.

Read my review on Amazon.co.uk about it.

And that Winston Shakespere quote is awful and not at all funny and the show as a whole is horrendously boring, unfunny rubbish. Fact.

Quote: Dave @ June 11, 2007, 6:06 PM

Read my review on Amazon.co.uk about it.

And that Winston Shakespere quote is awful and not at all funny and the show as a whole is horrendously boring, unfunny rubbish. Fact.

I wouldn't say this is a 'fact' but I do agree with you though. I am a huge OFAH fan and have all the DVDs and still enjoy watching them!

I saw a couple of episodes on GGG and found it to be a HUGE dissapointment. Definately NOT on the same level as Only Fools.

:(

Review: I did not enjoy it.

Quote: Leevil @ June 11, 2007, 6:48 PM

lol - what an amazingly in-depth review!

Sums it up pretty good though I must admit.

:)

Quote: Leevil @ June 11, 2007, 6:48 PM

Well, I'm glad you've written this very involving and insightful critique of my review, Lee. Good use of big words like "it". No spelling or gramatical errors, a good use of adjectives, nouns and pronouns, which is natually a plus point. And you've also written excellent quotes and correctly named your sources. Also, it's good that you've read my TWENTY SIX other reviews so an extra point for research. On the whole, I would say a very good piece of work, Lee. Full marks.

10/10

I don't know if you're being sarcastic Dave. But everyone who reads my review I hope could see there was more that what was actually written.

It's simple enough to get my opinion across what I though of it.

I simply did not enjoy it. I don't even feel enough to even comment on it in further detail. That shortness of the review, says more then I what I have actually written.

It wasn't meant to be simply enjoyable, it was to save anyone from spending twelve quid on something that, potentially, they wouldn't enjoy. I was just helping other people, that's all.

Have you read any of my other reviews as The Green Green Grass one was my only negetive review.