Steve Coogan: The Inside Story

Should air on BBC Two around Christmas. Sounds good:

"Steve Coogan – The Inside Story
BBC TWO

Following in the footsteps of its forerunner, Shooting Stars – The Inside Story, this one-hour special takes a quirky and unconventional look at the best of Steve Coogan's television work and character comedy.

With classic archive moments and some rarely seen early appearances, Steve Coogan – The Inside Story includes interviews with well-known collaborators, plus fans of Alan Partridge, Paul and Pauline Calf, Tony Ferrino and Saxondale.

Rob Brydon, Victoria Wood, Ben Miller and Simon Greenall are among the stars who offer their thoughts and there are specially filmed sketches featuring Coogan and Julia Davis.

As with the Shooting Stars documentary, Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer appear in character as cameramen and the chaps from the make-up department, among others, commenting on their time working with Steve."

This is on Sunday 27th December at 9pm.

Steve will be playing a new character (based on his aunt) during various parts of the programme, which should be interesting.

Sounds fun. Do you think Coogan will be playing that heightened version of himself like in Coffee & Cigarettes?

Tony Ferrino?
Sounds good.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 18 2009, 8:00 PM GMT

Sounds fun. Do you think Coogan will be playing that heightened version of himself like in Coffee & Cigarettes?

Or his stage show.

I'm looking forward to this. Coogan doing character comedy again where he's at his best. As much as I like him in films I think the characters are his best work.

Quote: Joey Moose @ December 18 2009, 7:56 PM GMT

Steve will be playing a new character (based on his aunt) during various parts of the programme, which should be interesting.

How did you hear about this?

Critically speaking, Coogan is long over the hill.

Quote: Joey Moose @ November 29 2009, 12:00 AM GMT

Rob Brydon,... Ben Miller

Hopefully sitting next to each other

Quote: James Cotter @ December 18 2009, 8:18 PM GMT

How did you hear about this?

Doesn't really matter now, as the BBC have issued a press release about it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pk77r

Pleased

I'm looking forward to this, especially the new Irish aunt Peggy character, a homage to his own Irish background I would imagine so I'm thinking he'll get this one spot on.
Great that the BBC are carrying on the Coogan theme straight after with Alan Partridge 'Yule' special house party and two further episodes of Alan Partridge...Aha

Quote: jim field @ December 18 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

Critically speaking, Coogan is long over the hill.

Arse gravy.

Looking forward to this, especially as it seems like it'll be quite an odd show, what with Vic and Bob doing a load of characters, like they did for their own 'sort-of-doc-thingy' last year. Or whenever it was. I wish some channel would let Vic And Bob do their thing properly again.

Quote: shaggy292 @ December 18 2009, 10:20 PM GMT

Hopefully sitting next to each other

Laughing out loud

I'm looking forward to this!

From the trailer it does seem a bit self indulgent. In truth it is just an excuse for Vic and Bob to do more sketches which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Anyone watching Knowing Me Knowing Yule right now? Do you think Kevin Eldon in drag looks an awful lot like Doon Mackichan?

I'd rather Coogan had made some 'serious' contributions to this show. The Vic and Bob bits got a bit tiresome too. I liked the old clips though - 'Cop With a Sofa' was larksome.

As a big fan of Coogan I enjoyed it but must say I have seen most of the clips they showed. I was disappointed not to see Steve himself make a appearance as himself. Vic and Bob were great as always but it did drag on a bit their sketches.