The Two Ronnies vs Morecambe & Wise

Who do people prefer?

I've always found The Two Ronnies hilarious, but I've never found Morecambe & Wise amusing in the slightest.

They must have been funny to have lasted though.

Probably just missing out on the joke.

I'll ditto the above, David. I kind of know why people like M & W, in theory, but they don't really do much for me. I enjoyed their breakfast/stripper routine when I was a kid, but that's about it.

The 2 Rons, however, had so many great writers and their show was more revue based, which is much more up my particular avenue of alleyways and that. And, of course, two very gifted performer/actors.

I like them both, but prefer the Two Ronnies.
I find both Ronnies very funny, whereas I never really laugh at Ernie Wise. Although Eric wouldn't be as funny without him.

I'd have to go for Morecambe & Wise.
Great timing, terrific onstage partnership and the special guest segments were brilliant.
Christmas just isn't the same anymore
Love the two Ronnies as well mind you.

The Two Ronnies for me. The Mastermind sketch is genius.

The Two Ronnies, for me.

Eric Morecambe just stole Vic Reeves' act.

Morecambe and Wise for me as Eric Morecambe was naturally funny and had a great rapport with Little Ern, where as the Two Ronnies always seemed a bit too forced for my liking (although they were still excellent and some of their sketches are absolute classics).

Laurel and Hardy for me.

Ronnie Barker was a comedy genius mind! Perfect for television and the close up. Much like Benny Hill in trhat respect.

I prefer Ronnie Corbett to Ronnie Barker and Morecambe to Blackpool.

Morecambe and Barker were both comic geniuses, of different types. Corbett is also a very good performer in his own right, but Wise had a special chemistry with Morecambe. So as double act, I am going to go with Morecambe & Wise.

To compare the Ronnies with Morecambe and Wise is to enter black holes of time and space coupled with short limbs and big grins. It just won't happen.

Both brilliant. M&W have the edge for me, simply because (at their best) they were one of the funniest double acts ever to have existed.

Two Ronnies, But I appreciate M&W, especially their stint on Peep Show.

ANDRE PREVIN
You're doing it wrong!

ERIC [INT. MONOLOGUE]
I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.

Errr

My theory is that Corbett is the best of all, having survived longer than the other three, possibly by killing them and feasting on their still-warm carcasses.

Don't know where he puts it!