Live At The Apollo - Series 5 Page 3

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 18 2009, 11:18 PM GMT

Tim Vine was brilliant as always, you can't help but laugh at his terrible but very funny jokes.

That man is all win.

"Alarm Bells" would probably have been better at the end of his set; he didn't seem as committed to that song as usual. :(

I've not enjoyed standup for a while now, even though I used to love it. Watching the latest episode of this didn't encourage me to like it again.

Bah... I'm in a bad mood today.

Like Kevin, I'd never seen Chris Addison doing stand-up before and I was surprised at how upbeat his performance and material was. Mainly because I'd expected the guy who plays Ollie to be more dry and downbeat. Thought he was pretty good actually, though I imagine his act is more suited to a more intimate venue at present.

Tim Vine makes me laugh and groan in equal measure, but that's the whole point. He's a master at what he does.

Al Murray gave the impression of a man who was just waffling on whilst watching the clock, dragging out a bit of material that would never make the grade for one of his (profitable) DVDs.

I thought the scouse guy was really good.

Well, that was a fair series. Seems that they booked a lot of comedians with only 'alright' material though. Even Reginald D Hunter was far below standard, in the final episode tonight. Played too much on the dumb American thing.

McGowan's Jo Brand was bloody impressive though.

I don't have any of the problems some people have raised (McIntyre mainly), but yeah I would agree that some of it is a bit bland now.