Not enough Max Miller on this website!

So to redress this quite awful imbalance, may I present the one and only , the greatest...the quite simply most fabulous Max Miller!!!!

http://www.maxmiller.org/mmas6.htm

Well worth subscribing!

There'll never be another

regards

Mystic

I can see you're not getting enough, are you Madam?

Max is a legend, of course, but I'm also a huge fan of the Appreciation Society's president, Roy Hudd.

Roy is a colossal comedy talent but, sadly, much under-rated.

Getting back to Max, the above website attributes this little gem to him:

"I was walking along this narrow mountain pass - so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on, lady. Cor blimey, I didn't know whether to toss myself off or block her passage."

I tell you, BCGers - I'll flash my arse in Harrods' window if anyone can show that Max ever told that story.

I've seen it attributed to him before but I've never believed it.

It's very funny but far too crude for Max, who always preferred to let the audience fill in the naughty bits.

Quote: Roodeye @ November 20 2009, 11:14 PM GMT

Getting back to Max, the above website attributes this little gem to him:

"I was walking along this narrow mountain pass - so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on, lady. Cor blimey, I didn't know whether to toss myself off or block her passage."

I tell you, BCGers - I'll flash my arse in Harrods' window if anyone can show that Max ever told that story.

I've seen it attributed to him before but I've never believed it.

It's very funny but far too crude for Max, who always preferred to let the audience fill in the naughty bits.

Absolutely agree. Max was far too clever for that type of crudity and if it ever proves otherwise there'll be two arseoles in Harrod's window.

Bob Monkhouse and Roy Hudd have both said it didn't happen. I think it's something that someone wished he'd said.

Far, far to crude for the greatest standup the world has ever seen or likely to see.

:)

Quote: Roodeye @ November 20 2009, 11:14 PM GMT

Max is a legend, of course, but I'm also a huge fan of the Appreciation Society's president, Roy Hudd.

Roy is a colossal comedy talent but, sadly, much under-rated.

Absolutely agree, his biography is just out, 'A Fart in a Colander'. Great title.

Back to Max.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 21st November 2009, 6:15 AM

Far, far to crude for the greatest standup the world has ever seen or likely to see.

So agree with the thread title, but sadly we are a dying breed. I've posted this elsewhere, but well worth a repeat here.

Hope you are listening Oldrocker! :)

[/quote]

He is well remembered in Brighton. There'll never be another.

Read his biog. "The Cheeky Chappie" some years ago - he never forgot the time in WWI when he was temporarily blinded for about two weeks, which of course severely shook him up, and in later years donated his house in Brighton to what was then the RNIB St. Dunstan's to house blinded servicemen.

He shouldn't have wanked so much.

:O Beaky - you wash your mouth out. And to think I always looked on you as being the keeper of standards on this forum. Just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover. Are we now seeing you in your true light, I ask myself. Whistling nnocently

(Blushes violently)

I couldn't agree more
Always been a big fan

You're just taking the Mick - this thread is for a comedian.

:DLaughing out loud

Now here's a funny thing, here is a funny thing - Max Miller with Lonnie Donegan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7i-9K_E8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyYnD3eXcyQ