Underrated, undervalued or forgotten gems Page 18

Quote: Alan C @ January 10 2010, 4:12 PM GMT

Trevor's World of Sport

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2009, 11:24 PM GMT

I'll add in the criminally, CRIMINALLY treated Trevor's World Of Sport.

Deserves another mention though, you're right. I neither like nor understand sport, but love TWOS. I live in (no doubt foolish) hope that they may recommission it at some point. The radio longevity is proof of its potential.

Quote: SlagA @ December 25 2009, 10:08 PM GMT

The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer.

I didn't realise anyone thought of it in such a way. Surely all right thinking people remember and rate it highly . . ?

Quote: Daniel Maya @ January 10 2010, 3:15 PM GMT

People should also appreciate the predictable, but fun sitcom My Hero,

Well, I suppose some people must have liked it, it ran for long enough.

Does anyone remember a sitcom featuring Nigel Planner as an ageing rich retired rock star, what was that one called??

Quote: maidenpriest @ January 15 2010, 2:03 PM GMT

Does anyone remember a sitcom featuring Nigel Planner as an ageing rich retired rock star, what was that one called??

Roll Over Beethoven.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 22 2009, 10:19 AM GMT

Yes, I did enjoy this at the time. Seem to recall the main character had a quirk of downing a pint in one.

... and in the middle of a sentence!

My Life In Film, starring Kris Marshall and Alice Lowe and an actors I can't currently name? (He plays the restaraunt owner in 'Pulling')

His Lordship Entertains.

I always change my mind with things so a new list now of ones I feel are forgot or underated.

Forgotten

1. Health & Efficiency
2. Next of Kin
3. On The Up
4. The Peter Principle EDIT: I forgot Dad, how ironic
5. Ain't Misbehavin'
6. Dr Willoughby

Underrated

1. 2point4 Children
2. The Upper Hand
3. Beautiful People
4. Men Behaving Badly
5. The Brittas Empire

Undervalued

1. Goodnight Sweetheart
2. Absolutely Fabulous
3. Birds of a Feather
4. Murder Most Horrid
5. Nighty Night

In the US - Reba
In the Uk - Barbara

Nuts In May. Way ahead of its time.

Edited by Aaron.

I remember seeing a Keith Barron comedy called All Night Long where he worked in a bakery, it was ok

Anyone mentioned "Attention Scum"? Brilliant in parts and, at its worst, very interesting.

Loads of stuff I'd forgotten about on here, loads I haven't seen, and loads I've never heard of.

Must...buy...box-sets...

Quote: sglen @ January 31 2010, 9:17 PM GMT

Anyone mentioned "Attention Scum"?

I like that, Simon Munnery is great; plus Stewart Lee in the directors chair.

Anyone else remember The Estate Agents - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Estate_Agents (may have already had a mention on this thread). It used to go out pretty late at night on Channel 4 and was pretty good - Silly and often OTT, it was perhaps due to being uncatergorisable ("is that a word? it is now") that it failed to get either a second series or even a repeat. I've still got them on tape but haven't the capability or patience to transfer them onto DVD.

Same goes for the 'local news show' Focus North.

Quote: Dusty Substance @ January 31 2010, 11:11 PM GMT

Anyone else remember The Estate Agents - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Estate_Agents (may have already had a mention on this thread). It used to go out pretty late at night on Channel 4 and was pretty good - Silly and often OTT, it was perhaps due to being uncatergorisable ("is that a word? it is now") that it failed to get either a second series or even a repeat. I've still got them on tape but haven't the capability or patience to transfer them onto DVD.

Same goes for the 'local news show' Focus North.

Having read the episode guide, I'm surprised it ever got on the air in the first place !

:(