Tips for your teen self Page 3

Quote: NickTheDon @ November 11 2009, 3:44 PM GMT

I'd tell myself to chill out. And not give up playing cricket. Biggest regret, that.

No it was a good decision Nick. The better decision would have been playing Baseball instead. At least you could have brought some of your skills over to a sport that makes money :P

I'd forceably get my packet of 10 Players N0.6 (cough) back from the girl who put them down her knickers and told me to fetch them out before they got all soggy.

I was a nervous teenager, and a total twat.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 11 2009, 3:47 PM GMT

I'd forceably get my packet of 10 Players N0.6 (cough) back from the girl who put them down her knickers and told me to fetch them out before they got all soggy.

(Massive) D'oh! >_<

Laughing out loud Classy pick up line she used on yea.

Quote: NickTheDon @ November 11 2009, 3:44 PM GMT

I'd tell myself to chill out. And not give up playing cricket. Biggest regret, that.

I'm stumped as to why you bailed?

Build the jet pack I designed whilst I was thin enough to actually leave the ground.

I would probably just give the bleeder a smack round the ear for f**king my life up.

I'd forceably get my packet of 10 Players N0.6

Your what now?

My cigs. A 1970s brand which I hope have been banned longed since.

This is what I would have told my teenage self -

1. Get laid earlier by any means necessary - therefore getting the curiousity out of the way so my teen self could concentrate on other things more worthwhile. I'd also warn myself that sex is 'yeah, it's alright, it's good' but it's not the be all and end all of human existence.

2. You were right, school is a horribly depressing regime of conformity and terror full of petty minded, power mad teachers who couldn't cut it in the real world.

3. Enjoy movies and music while you can, because from the year 2000 onwards, everything you love becomes a cultural wasteland.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 11 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

This is what I would have told my teenage self -

I'd also warn myself that sex is 'yeah, it's alright, it's good' but it's not the be all and end all of human existence.

:D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 11 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

sex is 'yeah, it's alright, it's good' but it's not the be all and end all of human existence.

A Darwinian might challenge that viewpoint.

Laughing out loud

There's an aspect of the time travel paradox to all this, in that if you told your teen self anything, you wouldn't be the same person today and so your advice would have changed.

Quote: Timbo @ November 11 2009, 5:04 PM GMT

A Darwinian might challenge that viewpoint.

:D

How very droll Professor Timbo. (Actually, that was quite funny).

But I think you know what I mean, spending an unhealthy amount of time in the pursuit of 'mythical' sex was a waste of time.

A friend of mine at school had a similar Russell Brand experience - his dad got him a hooker when he was 14 - the lucky bastard. I don't know if it warped his view towards the lady folk, but he was certainly much cooler and relaxed around them then I was.