DVD collection Page 7

I was going to buy Life on Mars the other day (Series 1 was finally released here) and it was $59.00 on sale. So I bought Peep Show instead. :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 8 2009, 5:38 PM BST

I was going to buy Life on Mars the other day (Series 1 was finally released here) and it was $59.00 on sale. So I bought Peep Show instead. :)

$59 is a bit steep for Life on Mars. The raw materials for the DVD probably cost about 3 cents per disc. Life on Mars is down to A$26 (US$22) in Oz, last I looked. Peep Show (down to A$15.68 or something) a much better investment.

I got some new DVDs from the HMV that's in the Trafford Centre today. I got:

Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story for £8.00 with 1 disc.

Seed of Chucky for £6.00 with 1 disc.

The Inbetweeners: series 1 & 2 boxset for £22.00 with 2 discs. It has 12 eps.

Psychoville: series 1 for £15.00 with 2 discs. it has 7 eps.

So overall, I got 3 movies and 3 series of TV comedy for £54.00. if anyone wants any info on any of these DVDs. just message me.

Bloody hell. That is a lot of money for some of those!

Here's my collection:

Catterick.

That is all.

My DVDs are still back at family home :( But then I have only got about 20 retail DVDs. Whistling nnocently

:O

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 2:26 AM BST

*Agrees*

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 2:26 AM BST

yeah I know but I wanted all of them really badly so I just thought sod it and bought them

We having very, very different attitudes to money!

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 2:23 PM BST

We having very, very different attitudes to money!

I look at the DVD and then the wallet and then the DVD and then the exit to the shop.

I have never paid over the odds for a DVD and never will. I hope. Errr

Nor have I. That I knew of at the time.

Quote: Robert D @ August 10 2009, 9:05 PM BST

I look at the DVD and then the wallet and then the DVD and then the exit to the shop.

I have never paid over the odds for a DVD and never will. I hope. Errr

Have you ever bought a DVD just because it was dirt cheap? I once bought Series 3/4 of The Worst Witch mostly because it was $3 and because I had heard that Una Stubbs was in it. Painful stuff. It made a good Christmas present for an 8-year-old niece though.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 11 2009, 2:33 AM BST

Have you ever bought a DVD just because it was dirt cheap?

Never.

Whistling nnocently

OK, all (or what I can remember) the *retail* sitcom DVDs I own,

I'm Alan Partridge 1, 2
Red Dwarf 1,2,3
Phoenix Nights 1, 2
That Peter Kay Thing
The Office 1, 2
Curb Your Enthusiasm 1
Spaced 1, 2
Game On 1
Catterick

That's all I can remember.

The rest are on HDD or I just watch - delete - DL when I want to watch again. Easy.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 11 2009, 2:33 AM BST

Have you ever bought a DVD just because it was dirt cheap? I once bought Series 3/4 of The Worst Witch mostly because it was $3 and because I had heard that Una Stubbs was in it. Painful stuff. It made a good Christmas present for an 8-year-old niece though.

I bought Peppa Pig once because it was £1. But I was looking for a birthday present for my youngest sister.

That reminds me, 09/09 is coming up again. :O :(