DVD collection Page 5

Not a bad selection there Jack. :)

I don't have that big of a dvd collection. I used to be big on collecting dvds, but then I just got bored and sold them all.

Comedy wise, I do own the following:

Tony Hancock/Hancock's Half Hour boxset
Norman Wisdom box set
Louis Theroux box set
Reggie Perrin series 1,2,3.
Mind your language box set
All the Curb your Enthusiam seasons
The Office
Buster Keaton Boxset
Some Marx Brothers stuff
Some Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin stuff

Quote: Alan C @ June 17 2008, 12:03 AM BST

nums + A-B
BIRDS OF A FEATHER2.4
BIRDS OF A FEATHER2.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER2.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER2.3
BIRDS OF A FEATHER3.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER3.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER3.3
BIRDS OF A FEATHER4.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER4.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER4.3
BIRDS OF A FEATHER5.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER5.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER5.3
BIRDS OF A FEATHER6.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER6.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER6.3
BIRDS OF A FEATHER7.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER7.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER8.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER8.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHER9.1
BIRDS OF A FEATHER9.2
BIRDS OF A FEATHERXmas
BIRDS OF A FEATHERXmas
BIRDS OF A FEATHERXmas
BIRDS OF A FEATHERXmas

How the ???

Trading. Not legal. :)

If anyone will have a look at my list and if anyone sees anything I haven't got and would recommend I get, I would be most grateful as I'm going on a bit of a spending spree today.

Surprised that you've got Man About The House and Bless This House, but no sign of George & Mildred. I think you'd also enjoy Brass. Erm. Maybe Hallelujah! too. And I'm surprised to see no 'Allo 'Allo! at all. Do you really dislike it that much? Ditto so little of Are You Being Served? - you seem to have stopped at the point where (IMO) it really starts to come alive.

The New Statesman would also be a fitting addition, although I'm not sure what you'd think of it. There seems to be a distinct lack of Yes Minister and Yes, Prime Minister too.

And Network are about to release Get Some In!, which I think you should take a look at.

George & Mildred- Seen a few episodes and for me funnier than Man about the House
Brass- Been interested for a good bit of time, will buy/not buy depending on what I think of it subject to its 'Classic Comedy' documentary
Hallelujah- Seen one episode and thought it was awful
Are you Being Served?- Not really my cup of tea, failed to have an impact on me
Yes Minister/Prime Minister- Will have to sit down and give the show a proper go as it is obviously a classic comedy, just have to pay alot of attention to it
The New Statesman- Love Bottom. Have borrowed the fourth series, will get round to it soon
Allo Allo!- God tries I've tried to get into it, but not funny.
Get Some In- Pre-Ordered it weeks ago

Anyway, I couldn't resist buying the Complete Steptoe and Son box-set yesterday, been reduced to £35. I've got series 1-4, 6 and specials, so the amount of money 5,7 and 8 would have cost me, it wouldn't be far behind the box-set price and it's a sexy boxset. Will put my other Steptoe DVD's on ebay. Want to do the same with Dad's Army know, but thinking of writing to 2Entertain and asking them if they would just send me the box and explain how I've collected the complete series.

Impossible. The box sets aren't just a bit of cardboard around the individual DVDs. They're complete re-packaging, with new artwork on the DVDs. That's true of Steptoe & Son, Dad's Army, and the Hancock sets.

Are You Being Served? - Might be worth trying a bit more. If you can get it particularly cheap, or borrow from somewhere, I'd recommend. You have S1&2, but IMO it doesn't really come into its own until S3 and 4. But up to you of course.
'Allo 'Allo! - *shakes head*
George & Mildred - Infinitely funnier. You know you want to buy it. :D
The New Statesman - Not remotely like Bottom. At all. I have a feeling it'd amuse you though, so be sure to come back and let us know!

How about Drop The Dead Donkey? Jeeves & Wooster?

I'm tempted to try and type up my (commercial) list now...

Fancy giving Jeeves and Wooster a go. But for the time being, I've got all these Steptoe episodes to watch, finish off my Doctor in Charge and then Get Some In and the Ronnie Barker stuff is coming out, to which I've all pre-ordered. I'm also going to get 'The Bounder'
Remember watching a few episodes of 'The New Statesman' many years ago, so my memories are very hazy, but do remember being extremely amused at Alan B'Stard's treatment to Piers.

Alan is a grotesque, yet brilliant, character.

I'm surprised you've pre-ordered so much. I very, very rarely pre-order. It's almost always far more expensive than when it's been out for a few months!

I know. But I had a few beers in me at the time hence a spending spree on amazon.

Nothing could make me spend more than I have to! :D

I know. I believe when you take a five pound note out of your pocket, the queens close at the shock of seeing day-light.

Few gaps in my collection . . notably (if they're available anywhere!)

The Gaffer (Bill Maynard)
Cowboys (Roy Kinnear + some)
and
Potter ! ! (Arthur Lowe)

Dave Oldrocker.

Some stuff is available.