Your favourite Royle Family moment Page 5

Anything before the 'Christmas specials'

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 6:03 PM GMT

Also middle-class families have dominated sitcoms for decades and the working class were written about by middle-class men; there's an awful lot of honesty in The Royle Family, good and bad.

Have to say I agree with this 100%. I loved Boys from the Blackstuff buts lets face it, no one talks like that. At the end of the day The Royle Family is a comedy show so its not all that "real" but to me it feels like it was written and made by people who really get the working class.

As for a favourite moment, just too many as I love the show more than any other. I also think that the last Christmas show was unfairly criticized. It wasn't the best but the "Vacant Ladies" section was priceless.

The ep where Barbara walks out.

The Royals do the Royles

Favourite moving moment - Jim's pep talk with Denise before she got married.
Favourite funny moment - Jim and Dave trying to hold their laughter in at Anthony's announcement he's managing a band.

So many to choose from!

I'll pick one out that always tickles me.

When Norma is making herself a sandwich and she wants some piccalilli for it. She's asks Barbara if she has any and says "I did have a look, but I don't like to root on a wedding day"

Joe eating the damaged cake in the kitchen.

Cheryl walking in and seeing Barbara cooking bacon with the smell of bacon frying in the air and says "Is that bacon, Barbara"?

I love how excited they all get when they're having chippy for tea.

My favorite bit of the series, has to be the wafer ham bit.

Nana: "Can She Have Some Wafer Thin Ham?" :P

Quote: Wheel @ 4th February 2018, 10:05 PM

My favorite bit of the series, has to be the wafer ham bit.

Nana: "Can She Have Some Wafer Thin Ham?" :P

How is this so bloody hilarious?? The writing, directing and performance are just so incredibly natural and humbling.

This shouldn't be funny but it is.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 4th February 2018, 5:10 PM

So many to choose from!

I'll pick one out that always tickles me.

When Norma is making herself a sandwich and she wants some piccalilli for it. She's asks Barbara if she has any and says "I did have a look, but I don't like to root on a wedding day"

Joe eating the damaged cake in the kitchen.

Cheryl walking in and seeing Barbara cooking bacon with the smell of bacon frying in the air and says "Is that bacon, Barbara"?

I love how excited they all get when they're having chippy for tea.

"Aye..a lickle bay-bee"

"Gimme Gimme Gimme" Linda's opinion about "The Royle Family" sitcom, plus candid talking ))) https://twitter.com/chp13pvjs9JPGPi/status/1134525888970854400

nana bending down and letting off was mega