The Fall and Rise of The Greatest Ever Sitcom.

I didn't get where I am today by watching a crappy remake of Reggie Perrin. The original was better than Fawlty Towers, or anything else that was ever made. Great and super are just two words I would use to describe this masterpiece of comedy. But I'd better get back to Mrs CJ. She doesn't mix well.

Where are you?

I'm here. Where are you?

Quote: Michael O'Connor @ November 1 2009, 11:54 PM GMT

I didn't get where I am today by watching a crappy remake of Reggie Perrin. The original was better than Fawlty Towers.

Loads of sitcoms were better than Fawlty Towers.

Quote: Michael O'Connor @ November 2 2009, 12:38 AM GMT

I'm here. Where are you?

I'm where I am today.

Quote: catskillz @ November 2 2009, 3:40 AM GMT

Loads of Basically no sitcoms were better than Fawlty Towers.

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2009, 3:40 AM GMT

Loads of Basically no Spaced was a sitcoms were better than Fawlty Towers.

:O

Spaced was a sit, but certainly not a com.

Without hijacking the thread too much. Spaced is thoroughly enjoyable, if you like that sort of thing. I can understand though how it would easily go over some peoples head, especially you Aaron, whose said before, not a fan of films, which is fair enough.

Quote: catskillz @ November 2 2009, 3:40 AM GMT

Loads of sitcoms were better than Fawlty Towers.

Six in my view.

I think Fawlty Towers probalby is the best because it is still funny after thrity years whereas, I think every other classic sitcom from that era is in someway dated.

However, I don't think I've met anyone who says it's their favourite and it's certainly not mine. I think it was probably too polished for most people to really take it to heart.