I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue - Series 52

This is from the BBC Press Office.

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue Ep 1/6
New series
Monday 16 November
6.30-7.00pm BBC RADIO 4

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, BBC Radio 4's legendary antidote to panel games, returns for its 52nd series.

In the role of chairman for the series is Jack Dee, taking part in recordings at the Old Vic Theatre in London, Chichester Festival Theatre and the Futurist Theatre in Scarborough.

Joining regular panellists Tim Brooke-Taylor, Barry Cryer and Graeme Garden at the three recordings are Rob Brydon, David Mitchell and Jo Brand respectively. In the case of David and Jo, it is their first time on the show. Colin Sell provides piano accompaniment.

Presenter/Jack Dee, Producer/Jon Naismith

David Mitchell appears to be going for some kind of panel show record!

Glad Jack Dee is doing the whole series. He was by far the best of the last run. The most appropriate.

Update from the mailing list . .

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Mailout 04.11.09‏
Sent: 04 November 2009 21:03:02
To: daveleeson1@hotmail.com

Dear I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Mailing List Member

This is to let you know that the final recording in the Autumn series of the show (which starts transmission at 6.30pm on Monday 16th November) will take place at the Futurist Theatre in Scarborough on Sunday 6th December. Jack Dee will be chairing the show with the regular panel of Tim, Barry and Graeme plus Jo Brand as special guest. Tickets will go on sale at 10am on Monday 9th November and are priced at £7.50 and £5. The tickets will be obtainable from the theatre's box office, either by telephone (Tel. 01723 365789 / 374500 / 370742) or by turning up in person. The theatre's address is: Futurist Theatre, Foreshore Road, Scarborough, North Yorkshire YO11 1NT. The box office hours are Monday till Saturday 10am till 6pm (Sunday 11am till 4pm). It's a large theatre (over 2000 seats) so we've been able to keep the ticket price down, and I'm hopeful that more people will be able to obtain tickets than is often the case, but as always it's best to book early as they will almost certainly sell out on the day they go on sale.

Thank you to all who attended our recording at the Old Vic on Monday 26th October and made it such an enjoyable evening. I hope the lottery ticketing distribution system was deemed to be a less frustrating booking process than before. The box office had six times as many applications for tickets as there were seats available, so it would appear we did the right thing. I look forward to seeing many of you at our recording in Chichester next Monday.

With best wishes

Jon Naismith
Producer, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

£5 to see ISIHAC !

Daylight robbery ! :P

Well, evening robbery actually !

The first two episodes have had some very entertaing stuff within them and Jack Dee appears to be settling into the chair very comfortably.

Also, this show does somewhat dispel the notion that you can't swear in comedy shows on Radio 4. So far I've counted two 'Bollocks' and a 'Bastard'. I'm surprised the Daily Mail haven't run a front page story.

I enjoyed this. :)

And I heard a Bollocks yesterday!!!

Quote: EllieJP @ November 24 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

I know! It's alright on a Monday evening, but they leave the blue language intact for the Sunday lunchtime repeat. Tut! Imagine hearing that when you've just come back from church! You'd spill your digestives.

Yeah.... hmmm.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 24 2009, 2:05 PM GMT

:O

Ellie commenting on a radio comedy!

I think David Mitchell did well tonight. I especially liked his "One Song to the Tune of Another".

Great, as ever. Thoroughly enjoyed this last night.

Quote: Griff @ November 30 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

David Mitchell's Muppet song was brilliant.

That was a particularly good bit!Laughing out loud

But a bit annoying that they nicked Tim Vine's "chuffed to bits" gag for Jack Dee's opening routine.

I also noticed that reference. I suppose that is the nature of Tim's puns- they are likely to get re-used.

David Mitchell's Muppet song was brilliant.

But a bit annoying that they nicked Tim Vine's "chuffed to bits" gag for Jack Dee's opening routine.

Me too, think it's a bit off nicking his gags, wonder if his brother, Jeremy, will pop in from Radio 2 to have a word?

Was also amazed that David Mitchell managed to get a "rimming" joke on there, very funny.

Yeah, some very funny stuff last night. The D.Mitchell 'One Tune' included. And the one before that. Which has slipped my mind. As to what it was.

Quote: Griff @ December 1 2009, 5:51 PM GMT

Tim Brooke-Taylor sang Kelis's "Milkshake" to "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window". Graeme Garden sang "I'm Too Sexy" to the Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves. I can't remember what Barry Cryer sung but I remember it was funny.

Barry sung Anarchy in the UK to the Chours of the Herbew Slaves.

Quote: Griff @ December 1 2009, 5:55 PM GMT

Oh yes he did sing "Anarchy", well remembered. Didn't he sing it to "Singing In The Rain" though? Or have I got Barry and Graeme mixed up?

No, you're right. Barry's tune was "Singing in the Rain".