Any Goodnight Sweetheart fans?

Really enjoying the repeats on ITV3, great show.

A few fans have set up a forum, hope it's okay to post a link here, would be great to get in touch with any fellow fans.

http://goodnightsweetheart.forumsland.com/

x.

I may join it. I loved that show.

I quite liked it.

But why not get the fans to join here and chat on this board!

(See Aaron - that's marketing!!! And no charge.....this time.)

The WW2 scenes were excellent but I found the modern-day scenes somewhat pedestrian. Cool

I won't be joining, I'm afraid - not only did the show take 'Rodney' back to the 1940s, it took sitcom back there with it. Sitcom with a ration book. The fact it aired on a Sunday afternoon made the thing all the more depressing to watch, IMO. :(

I loved the show and thought it was excellent. I've got the box set and have seen every episode. I think I'll join up to the forum.

Great show, a show that got better as it went along.

I used to be a big fan of GS. I've got the box set.

Yes, I have the tin. I marathon it about twice a year.

There's already a thread for Goodnight Sweetheart. :)

This is not the funniest classic of all time but there is something enduringly likeable about the programme, the characters and some of the actors playing them. Not sure if this is because of the comedy though and would be just as good as a light surreal drama. By far the funniest character is Gary's mate Ron, especially in the scenes where he bumbles his way back to 1940.
The actor who plays him (name anyone?) is very underused.

Victor McGuire, also of Bread fame.

Overall it is my favourite TV show ever. Though I hated it when Michelle Holmes and Dervla Kirwan left and were replaced by Emma Amos and Elizabeth Carling. Series 4 was awful whenever Emma Amos was in, she turned Yvonne from a strong willed, feisty woman to an air headed bimbo with long blonde hair overnight, only to revert back to a Michelle Holmes era Yvonne haircut in series 5 and 6. Ruined it for me.

Elizabeth Carling settled into the role of Phoebe alot better.

I agree about Victor Mcguire not being used as much as he should, he did pop up in 2point4 Children once, though apart from Bread and Goodnight Sweetheart I can't remember him being in much else.

Another actor Christopher Etteridge(think spelt right) AKA Reg Deadman is another very under valued actor.

I spotted another actor David Ryall who played Eric (Phoebe's dad in series 1) in Outnumbered recently.

I enjoyed this show. Lot of episodes made. They did well to keep it running so long and keep the standard up. Good contrast for Lyndhurst against Rodney. The combination of science fiction/fantasy and comedy works well. The cast replacements worked well and as smoothly as they could have. Good to see the major replacements didn't kill the show which sometimes happens.

Quote: david carmon @ November 13 2009, 3:38 PM GMT

I agree about Victor Mcguire not being used as much as he should, he did pop up in 2point4 Children once, though apart from Bread and Goodnight Sweetheart I can't remember him being in much else.

'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels' always comes to immediatley to mind.