Misfits (1981)

:D
My first post.
Hi all. Anyone else out there remember a sitcom called Misfits with En Reitel and Ann Stallybrass too? I think it was on LWT, circa 1981.

With Niall Padden as Rietel's mate as I recall, the pair of them as a couple of losers ligging off Stallybrass. One of Eric Chappell's less remembered sitcoms.

Morning. I really don't remember this one at all, perhaps I'll YouTube it to see if anything rings a bell with me. But I was posting the other day about another sitcom Reitel starred in, Mog - remember that? Then another one came to me - The New Adventures of Lucky Jim, which I really liked at well. So that's 2 out of 2 80s sitcoms with Enn Reitel in that I really liked, so I hope if I ever get to see Misfits, that will make it a round 3 out of 3. I wonder does anyone know of any more sitcoms Enn was in - you never know, there could be another quiet little gem with him in tucked away somewhere.

ps. I don't think Mog or Lucky Jim were critically praised, but they were the sort of non mainstream, small world sitcoms that I really like.

Quote: buckaroo @ October 29 2009, 12:38 PM BST

My first post.
Hi all. Anyone else out there remember a sitcom called Misfits with En Reitel and Ann Stallybrass too? I think it was on LWT, circa 1981.

Are you on imdb and have done a review of Get Some In and The Fosters? Or is it a different Buckaroo.

There's something called Misfits coming to E4 soon. Could this be a reworking?

No.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/misfits_e4/

Oh. But that might be good. :)

Quote: Jack Massey @ October 31 2009, 3:20 PM GMT

Are you on imdb and have done a review of Get Some In and The Fosters? Or is it a different Buckaroo.

:$
Yes. The very same. I have been exposed as a sitcom-phile. Geek They don't make 'em like Get Some In anymore - ie funny sitcoms. :S

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 31 2009, 9:19 AM GMT

Morning. I really don't remember this one at all, perhaps I'll YouTube it to see if anything rings a bell with me. But I was posting the other day about another sitcom Reitel starred in, Mog - remember that? Then another one came to me - The New Adventures of Lucky Jim, which I really liked at well.

Wave
Hi,
Indeed I do remember Mog and Lucky Jim. IIRC, Alan Price did the theme for LJ, it was circa 1983 if memory serves.

Quote: Timbo @ October 29 2009, 11:48 AM GMT

With Niall Padden as Rietel's mate as I recall, the pair of them as a couple of losers ligging off Stallybrass. One of Eric Chappell's less remembered sitcoms.

Correct!
I prefer the less remembered stuff, and am sick of seeing the same old shows wheeled out yet again! Teary You know the culprits: Only Fools, et al. Angry
I'd love to see A Sharpe Intake Of Breath again, Take My Wife, The Cuckoo Waltz, Kinvig (both on DVD now), Selwyn Froggit...etc

Selwyn's being released too: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/?search=Selwyn

I've got most of that kind of stuff already, but I'd like to see them on TV more.