Morrissey collapses on stage

I expect it may be from chronic hayfever, a condition that's got progressively worse for him over the years. So don't send any more to the hospital ward, fans, you've done enough damage!

Crikey, he's 50 now. At least he's outlived his hero, Oscar Wilde.

Wouldn't it be ironic tho if This Charming Man does turn out to be his swan song. No, I'm sure he'll be back with us soon, look at the chin on him.

Daffodils...or is that Dame Shirley?

Quote: Roodeye @ October 25 2009, 10:02 AM BST

Poor Oscar - sentenced to death (in effect) for being gay.

Wilde chose to stay in England and face imprisonment. Read his works and see that he considered self-sacrifice to be the ultimate expression of love.

Yes that is correct about Wilde, brilliant he may have been but he was also a vain self publicist and master at getting sympathy for his wildly self indulgent actions. I went out with someone once who worshipped him and thought The Ballad of Reading Gaol was the most poignant piece of literature ever written. We didn't last long together - I happen to think it's one of the most self pitying dirges ever penned - by a man who had better taste than that. Awful.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 25 2009, 10:50 AM BST

I went out with someone once who worshipped him and thought The Ballad of Reading Gaol was the most poignant piece of literature ever written.

Sounds like me. I used to recite several stanzas of The Ballad of Reading Gaol (on request) when on heavy drinking sessions with some Irish friends. And self-sacrifice is rather noble, in a Jesus kind of way. All a bit gay really though.

Your real name isn't Allison is it? God I sometimes (not often) wondered what became of you. How's life in Oz?

Alison realised she could be a better man than the Oscar Wilde hating waste of space she lived with and became Kenny.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ October 25 2009, 11:03 AM BST

Your real name isn't Allison is it? God I sometimes (not often) wondered what became of you. How's life in Oz?

Unmasked. :$ Life in Oz? It is a lovely place and lacks only you; but go to Salisbury first.

EDIT: Back on topic, no updates on Morrissey. Merely rumors of a heart attack. He has been carrying a bit more paunch over recent years.

Let's just wait and see what Jan Moir has to say about it before jumping to any conclusions.

He can't have had a heart attack. he won't have.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ October 25 2009, 11:30 AM BST

He can't have had a heart attack. he won't have.

I just hope he's not in a coma. I know, I know, it's serious.

Ah Morrissey what a gift you are for (wannabe) comedians, don't die - we need you!

I was hoping it would be Neil. :(