Viz Comic Page 14

Does anyone know which issue of Viz featured the short cartoon strip entitled:

"Waggy Tail!" (he loves a good shit)

or which annual it is included in?

My sister's dog is basically a recreation of this affable Viz character.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 2 2010, 11:00 AM BST

The tip reads:

HOLIDAY-MAKERS. If you're late for your flight to the sun, simply phone the airport and tell them there's a bomb on board your plane. Don't forget to give them the flight number.

And an Italian man has just followed that tip: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/italian-man-arrested-for-lion-air-bomb-threat-hoax/551168

Love the Lichtenstein inspired cover of the latest edition. (Haven't got around to reading it yet.)

Incidentally went to the Tate Modern on Sunday to see the Lichtenstein exhibition queued for tickets about 5 minutes - and was told that I'd have a 4 hour wait to see the exhibition.

Can anyone please help...

I have a copy of the 1979 Viz Christmas special....I know this is not the original as there is no ice cream cone. There are no signs of staples to show there was ever one..
However, I don't know if this is a second or third print. The only thing I can find is on the back page in the top right it says:

fairly limited edition no:764

I am also thinking of selling it. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Quote: jakk57 @ June 15 2013, 9:35 AM BST

I have a copy of the 1979 Viz Christmas special....I know this is not the original as there is no ice cream cone. There are no signs of staples to show there was ever one..
However, I don't know if this is a second or third print. The only thing I can find is on the back page in the top right it says:

fairly limited edition no:764

I am also thinking of selling it. Any info would be much appreciated.

"the 1979 Viz Christmas special" was the first Viz comic, and if in mint condition would be worth over 1,000 pounds. Only 650 copies were published back then (150 in first print run, 250 in second print run and another 250 in third print run).

It sounds like you have the December 1999 facsimile (reprint of Issue No.1) - which was included with Issue No.99. In which case it's worth about 5 quid.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2013, 8:22 PM BST

"the 1979 Viz Christmas special" was the first Viz comic, and if in mint condition would be worth over 1,000 pounds. Only 650 copies were published back then (150 in first print run, 250 in second print run and another 250 in third print run).

It sounds like you have the December 1999 facsimile (reprint of Issue No.1) - which was included with Issue No.99. In which case it's worth about 5 quid.

Thank you but I am sure I got it prior to 1999....is there any sure way to confirm this?

Quote: jakk57 @ June 15 2013, 8:30 PM BST

Thank you but I am sure I got it prior to 1999....is there any sure way to confirm this?

If you are certain you got it prior to 1999, then congratulations, it's worth a small fortune if in very good condition (missing ice cream suggests otherwise).

Precisely when and how did you obtain it? How flimsy/yellowed is it (or not)? Take it to an honest comics dealer. Try fooling people on eBay into thinking it's the real deal. Write a deadpan letter to Viz, asking if they're interested in buying it for a thousand pounds?

My collection of Viz comics and I are in different countries at present, so I cannot look for distinguishing features of the facsimile.

I've been looking for an old VIZ from about 2000/2001 where they took the piss out of advertising agency. It was the center spread & the running joke was "Lets do more cocaine". The main guy in the strip looked like a young Cockney Wanker.

Been a VIZ fan for years, its was always about the letters page :)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ 1st May 2010, 11:26 PM BST

"Celebrity Bacon Barm" was the funniest strip I'd seen in forever.

Agree 100%. Still chuckling about it 2 years afterwards.

You can find it here: http://www.spampot.com/viz

I used to read my elder brother's copies in the 80s then upgraded to my own subscription which I ceased for a few years and then reinvigorated a couple of years back. I have bought most of the annuals plus I also read the Viz biographies from both Donald brothers; Simon's was my favourite as it wasn't quite so depressing as Chris's.

My new copy arrived yesterday so I'll have a read later on.

I've just catalogued my Vis mags - I've decided to have a clear-out of everything except my annuals. I subscribed for long enough to have over 100 issues.

See below - happy to post them out to someone who could give it/them a good home just for postage costs.

Issues:

118 thru' 134
136 thru' 196
201 thru' 218

Summer Specials 2000-2001

Also have the Enrazzlement pull-out and calendar though can't remember which issue it is from, and 'Sid's Bird Table' pull-out too.

If anyone is interested let me know. Always worry if I just give them to a charity shop they won't get sold and will be chucked in the bin, and my own mates aren't too fussed in having any!

When we were up in Newcastle we went along to the Donald brothers' childhood home in Jesmond and I had my photograph taken in Lily Crescent. Unfortunately the location showed 'Jesmond Brothel' on Facebook. :$

Hiya,I've just joined so excuse if this is in the wrong place but I'm trying to find out if anyone knows how the first annual has a red cover and others a blue cover,if anyone knows the significance of this could they please share it?thanks

Not sure exactly what you mean. Each "Annual" had a different title such as The Dogs Bollocks or the Cleveland Steamer. Unless you mean the very first ones.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=viz+annuals&tbm=shop

Quote: MORPH @ 25th October 2015, 8:22 PM GMT

Hiya,I've just joined so excuse if this is in the wrong place but I'm trying to find out if anyone knows how the first annual has a red cover and others a blue cover,if anyone knows the significance of this could they please share it?thanks

The first was "The Big hard one" the second "The Big hard number two" so similar titles. I believe the different colours were simply to mark them apart more on the shelf. You shouldn't judge a book by it's colour.