Is Ever Decreasing Circles Britain's best sitcom?

Should Ever Decreasing Circles be Britain's best sitcom?

Been watching it on DVD all morning and it's a joy to watch, the plot of the whole show is brilliant.

Great show, but definetly not the best, so many more better sitcoms, but very entertaining and certainly under-rated. The first series was a bit hit and miss, but the remaining three were very good indeed.

No. :)

I think it is a brilliant sitcom and is a lot funnier than some of the sitcoms from around that time that are considered classics such as Porridge and The Good Life, but probably not the best ever.

I think Martin is an amazing character and am slightly puzzled why he isn't mentioned up there with other sitcom monsters.

It is great, but definitely not the best.

As Jack says under-rated.

As Tim says No.

Not the best, no. In the top 10 tho' (for me)

But boy, was I in love with Penelope Wilton ! ?

:P

See Tim Walker.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 18 2009, 3:26 PM BST

No. :)

Very good show liked it a lot,just about in my top 20 however.

It's one of the best. In my top ten ever. Not that I'm the kind of person who makes lists, you understand.

I understand, won't tell anyone. I on the other hand am a proud (and somewhat sad) list maker. EDC is in my top 20 I believe, at the tail end I think, but that's only because British sitcoms are so bloomin brilliant on the whole and provide severe competition. I'd love to see a rerun of at least one series, as I never caught it on UK Gold for some reason. I will have to look for a DVD of it I think because the nights are drawing in, and for some reason I can't quite fathom, I always ascociate EDC with the winter/autumn...?? Maybe that's when the original series were scheduled? Yeah loved it at the time but we have some seriously good sitcoms keeping it from being anywhere near the very best I fancy.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3299665/Ever_Decreasing_Circles_The_Complete_Collection/Product.html]
[h=608127]

Oh great, ta for that. Looks like I may be getting it for Christmas now. Excellent.

Was looking at DVDs in a second hand shop today and came accros the box-set for £6, I snapped it up. And the bonus is, I've never watched it before.