Have I Got News For You - Series 38 (Autumn 2009) Page 5

Tonight's edition:
Virtually laughter free.

It was absolutely dreadful for the first half, with some amusing moments (thank God) in the second. Is it just me or have the scripted jokes been pretty much all awful this series?

It was weak. And they've got to find another 10 minutes for the extended repeat tomorrow. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 9:58 PM GMT

Is it just me or have the scripted jokes been pretty much all awful this series?

Well I certainly didn't enjoy any of those gags, although to be fair it was a shame that none of them understood the 'off your tits/honkers' gag. We can't expect a gag to work with so little empathy from them.

Not that funny, but Kirsty Young was yummy.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ November 6 2009, 10:34 PM GMT

Not that funny, but Kirsty Young was yummy.

She is pretty milftastic, isn't she!

Weak episode.

In fact the entire show is looking very tired.

Quote: Nogget @ November 6 2009, 9:40 PM GMT

Tonight's edition:
Virtually laughter free.

The effect of the BBC's new compliance rules for comedy?

Well the BBC's attitude to comedy certainly doesn't help!

I thought that last night's episode was better than the week before. I much much prefer HIGNFY to Mock The Week, but because there are so many variables (guests, host and news) it obviously has better and worse shows. I enjoy Kirsty Young as host, Martin Clunes was a good one to bring back as well - he's always very funny.

It's very true - the scripted gags are terrible. They are the sort of thing that I would reject from my very amateur writing attempts for being obvious or clichéd. The audience laugh because they have to whilst Ian and Paul exchange withering glances.

Some more details have come about the forthcoming American version of the show. (See here.)

Although I like Jack Dee, but it's predictable booking him as the host.

I think they should stop HIGNFY now, and just bring it back for one episode on special occasions, like when there's a general election, for example.

This show should be humanly put down.

It'll be sad and there'll be much weeping, but, in the end, you know it's the right thing to do.

Unimpressed