Have I Got News For You - Series 38 (Autumn 2009) Page 2

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 17 2009, 12:12 AM BST

It was a good episode tonight, probably because Ian and Paul had been away from the show for a while.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts until a few weeks into the series and Ian and Paul start phoning their stuff in again.

E.g.

HOST: Fill in the missing word - Harriet Harman is like blank?

IAN: Harriet Harman is like Lady Gaga.

(audience goes beserk because Hislop mentions a cultural pop reference from the last three years)

PAUL: (interupts as usual) Is it frog on the moon? Harriet Harman is like a frog on the moon. Etc., etc. (Merton milks this unfunny gag for the next 15 minutes until audience loses will to fight and is forced to laugh)

UNFUNNY POLITICIAN: Where am I and why is everyone laughing?

ME AT HOME: Oh for f**k's sake.

Sadly, it's inevitable.

What. The. F**k. Is. That. :| (He is being pretty funny though)

Hee!
Haven't you had the pleasure of seeing him before?

Can't say I have.

Grayson Perry's 'Claire' was actually quite modestly dressed tonight. You should have seen what "she" was wearing on Newsnight Review last week.

Good show. Mitchell a good host. Ed Byrne and Grayson Perry both funny. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 23 2009, 10:39 PM BST

You should have seen what "she" was wearing on Newsnight Review last week.

Was it Kevin Smith's nightgown?

I just remember their brilliant method of dealing with Nick Griffin. Totally wonderful. Pleased

I thought Miranda did a good job tonight.

Is there such a thing as TV programme Euthanasia?

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 31 2009, 1:50 AM BST

Is there such a thing as TV programme Euthanasia?

Perhaps in Switzerland.

Paul Merton really needs to take a break and be told that he's part of an ensemble show and is NOT the whole show.

I heart Miranda.

Quote: zooo @ November 2 2009, 1:32 PM GMT

I heart Miranda.

I'm pretty certain I just need to get out more, but she did come across to me as a little sexy on Friday.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 16 2009, 11:12 PM GMT

It was a good episode tonight, probably because Ian and Paul had been away from the show for a while.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts until a few weeks into the series and Ian and Paul start phoning their stuff in again.

E.g.

HOST: Fill in the missing word - Harriet Harman is like blank?

IAN: Harriet Harman is like Lady Gaga.

(audience goes beserk because Hislop mentions a cultural pop reference from the last three years)

PAUL: (interupts as usual) Is it frog on the moon? Harriet Harman is like a frog on the moon. Etc., etc. (Merton milks this unfunny gag for the next 15 minutes until audience loses will to fight and is forced to laugh)

UNFUNNY POLITICIAN: Where am I and why is everyone laughing?

ME AT HOME: Oh for f**k's sake.

Third programme in:

MIRANDA HART: Why else was the Duke of Edinburgh in the news this week?

ANDREW NEIL: Did he kill someone?

PAUL MERTON: Did he throw a Weetabix from the balcony of Buckingham Palace? Injure a taxi driver in the ear?

Hislop is unfunny. I'm surprised no-one else has noticed this in the last 19 years.