Argumental - Series 2, October

Just watching the first episode of this on Dave+1.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

Edit: Hound is naked. :|

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 13 2009, 11:08 PM BST

Just watching the first episode of this on Dave+1.

Hound is naked, I like it. :D

Yes, the sight of Rufus Hound naked did have an effect on me - in making me think that there was something weird about naturism. Although maybe it was just the sight of a naked man with Batman logo and Dalek tattoos.

Watching the current episode Sean Lock had me in stitches.

It also seems to have been filmed before Michael Jackson's death, hence the round arguing if he's the King of Pop. Very funny though, despite Phil Jupitus being involved.

I haven't watched this.

It gets the thumbs up then does it? Apart from naked men of course.

Where did Rufus Hound come from? He seemed to arrive on 'proper' TV without doing much beforehand.

Quote: bigfella @ October 21 2009, 11:14 AM BST

I haven't watched this.

It gets the thumbs up then does it? Apart from naked men of course.

It does from me, others aren't so keen.

I certainly like it. Not seen last night's episode yet, it's currently waiting in the wings to be viewed on my Sky+ hard drive.

BBC 2 Gets Argumental

Quote: Nogget @ October 21 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Where did Rufus Hound come from? He seemed to arrive on 'proper' TV without doing much beforehand.

I first saw Rufus when he was presenting Top of the Pops, I think!

His rant about why old people don't deserve respect was hilarious

It was indeed!

I agree.

By the way, I just hope for the sake of Marcus that he wins next week. He's failed to win a single episode in the entire series.

Rufus is very good at standing up, giving a 'speech', and winning over a crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in politics.

Quote: Nogget @ October 21 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Rufus was on the comedy circuit for about 7-8 years and was generally booked as an excellent compere from which I think he got into doing TV warm up and then managed to get a few presenting bits and bobs before ending up on TotP.

He's a brilliant improviser and is excellent at dealing with people and things on the spur of the moment, so he's ideal for stuff like this, Argumental, and his stints on the Apprentice sister programme, "You're Fired!".