Dating sites Page 61

Fiiine. I retract the hugs.

Noooo! Hugs are always welcome!

I predict that you will start your course and meet an amazing woman like what's-her-name on the gardening programme. She'll have earth in her fingernails, a flower in her hair and you will love her forever (does spell to make it come true).

Quote: TopBanana @ August 20 2011, 7:38 PM BST

Tea shop girl and me are just friends... no more. She said she was only looking for friendship at the start of our correspondence. She's cool, so I'm happy with it.

:)

Are you familiar with Chris Rock's definition of platonic friendship? For a man a platonic friend is a woman he hasn't slept with - yet. For a woman a platonic friend is a prick in a glass case - in emergency break glass.

It seems unusual that two people would meet and correspond on a dating site, then get together and go out on dates, but do so 'just' as friends. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's marvellous; but I would expect something more to happen at some point. Especially since at least one of them does actually want a romantic relationship.

Quote: Nogget @ August 21 2011, 6:24 AM BST

It seems unusual that two people would meet and correspond on a dating site, then get together and go out on dates, but do so 'just' as friends. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's marvellous; but I would expect something more to happen at some point. Especially since at least one of them does actually want a romantic relationship.

Her profile stated she was looking for 'hang out' but also went on to describe what sort of man she finds attractive, so...

I did like her physically from her pics, and there was a bit of flirting, but if there's no 'thing' between you then it doesn't matter where you met, you can still be friends if you get on.

Quote: keewik @ August 20 2011, 8:57 PM BST

I predict that you will start your course and meet an amazing woman like what's-her-name on the gardening programme. She'll have earth in her fingernails, a flower in her hair and you will love her forever (does spell to make it come true).

Yes! Alys Fowler! I *heart* her!

From your fingers to God's ears, keewik!

Don't give up. You've only been on there five minutes.

Quote: Nogget @ August 21 2011, 6:24 AM BST

If there's no spark then there's no point - but you can make good friends there.

Couple of my friends have started using those sites and they seems really happy nowadays..!!
I guess these sites worked for them and they got the right partners..!!

Quote: Chappers @ August 21 2011, 11:32 PM BST

Don't give up. You've only been on there five minutes.

It's so frustrating, though.

I suppose most women are extra defensive on there because 90% of the messages they get must be 'hi hun, r u a norty gurl?'.

I am lucky enough to have met my current boyfriend on a dating website - and he's incredible. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 24 2011, 2:14 PM BST

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

No, my girlfriend is.
Cool

:) That's nice.

Ells, why do you choose to use a dating site, aren't you one of those socializing people who go out n stuff? Does a dating site give you more options or are the guys you meet when out not up to scratch?

Quote: Leevil @ August 24 2011, 2:29 PM BST

Ells, why do you choose to use a dating site, aren't you one of those socializing people who go out n stuff? Does a dating site give you more options or are the guys you meet when out not up to scratch?

I do go out, but I tend to find people I meet in bars are twats, and not on the same level as me... or single, or straight, or nice.

Thought so. :D