It's Only A Theory Page 3

It's not especially funny, is it?

Hunter did his "That's a bold statement" line about three times too many in ep 6. Is that a common phrase, or did he just lift it from Samuel L Jackson?

I watch mainly for the science.

EDIT: it was John Travolta I was thinking of.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 11 2009, 4:42 PM GMT

It's not especially funny, is it?

Hunter did his "That's a bold statement" line about three times too many in ep 6. Is that a common phrase, or did he just lift it from Samuel L Jackson?

I watch mainly for the science.

I think if the show should have been pitched as a light-hearted science show rather than as a comedy panel game. I like Reg, but in this his humourous contribution almost always involves him going off topic, so if you are interested in what the expert is saying, he just becomes an annoying distraction.

Quote: zooo @ November 4 2009, 11:55 PM GMT

I very much heart him.

I think his 'lovableness gene' didn't get passed down.

Ha!
Well, I don't love her to quite the same extent, no...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 11 2009, 4:42 PM GMT

Is that a common phrase,

Given that this page now ranks in the top ten in Google for "that's a bold statement", I'm guessing not.

Quote: Timbo @ November 11 2009, 4:39 PM GMT

I think it could have been better, but it is still a lot more entertaining than most BBC Four panel games, and since it must cost about six bob an episode to make, it must be in with a chance of scoring another series.

Well, don't get me wrong I enjoy the show and would like to see another series, but I wonder how many qualified people with theories there are left? As I said, they're only in the first series and already they've used the same bloke twice.

Just seen a preview clip of next week's episode, featuring Andrew Keen, who believes the internet is killing our culture.

I've seen him before on some shows and I think he is a prat. I once saw him being interviewed on the American satirical show The Colbert Report. When he was asked if the internet was the worst than the Nazis, he said, "even the Nazis didn't put artists out of work." Tosser.

:S Wow! when you look at it like that, the Nazis were all right, weren't they!

Just watched a bit of It's Only A Theory, and turned over in disgust. The topic was about the demise of bee's in the world - actually a very serious topic, and completely missing the point to COMPARE it to global warming!!? I think Andy Hamilton is a very insecure rather obnoxious man who tries to be funny at every turn - bit like David Baddiel at his worst.

Andy "lets turn a serious topic fronted by a GENUINE real expert into a laugh" Hamilton and just like a gameshow, with his mate on his right vote it out!!... OF COURSE we're in the age of big brother, Peter Andre and Jordan, and people who can't sing but make it anyway. This programme gives the impression from the write up of being interesting, but subtly follows the latter trivia in spirit. I have no problem with comedy whatsoever, but banalising and patronising global issues is pathetic... lets just laugh at anything and everything shall we - lest someone somewhere might think were uptight!!

Quote: simon davis @ November 17 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

I have no problem with comedy whatsoever

Is there anything to have a problem with? Pleased

Quote: simon davis @ November 17 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

I have no problem with comedy whatsoever

Except with writing satire, it seems. ;)

I saw them mocking Gordon Brown on Have I Got News Fort You last week. It's like they don't want the country to work! Rolling eyes

Yes it's oh so very easy to laugh at Gordon Brown...

That is all.

I have somewhat mixed views on last night's episode. I'm annoyed Keen's theory was accepted, but I like the idea that Reginald accepted it on the fact that the internet killing our culture and economy was a good thing.

"We don't know what gravity is"

This is a theory?