Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 3

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ October 11 2009, 8:02 PM BST

I think I missed something. I liked Rhod Gilbert but I didn't think he was amazing.

Is anybody else mildly impressed by Noel Fielding's restraint. As a guest and as a temporary guest host last season he took over the show. So far, he's been pretty subdued and letting the other guests a chance to talk.

He's going for quality over quantity.

Absolutely loved the latest episode! I think Noel is being very good for the show, and Rhod Gilbert was very good! I'd like to see some more host rotations before suddenly jumping on him as a host though. :P

On a related topic, I see Simon Amstell's been given the go-ahead for a sitcom on BBC 2...

Grandma's House

Oooh, I must admit that sounds interesting.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 11 2009, 10:22 PM BST

He's going for quality over quantity.

I found the parts where he made jibes to Gabby Logan in retaliation to what she said (I'm unsure on what exactly was said) and the bits to Noel about being wacky (once again, I'm unsure on exact wordage) to be pretty awful. I'm not saying he was bad, but I wouldn't describe what he was saying as "quality", more just hit-and-miss.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 12 2009, 11:41 PM BST

On a related topic, I see Simon Amstell's been given the go-ahead for a sitcom on BBC 2...

Grandma's House

I don't see him as an actor. He seems stiff and nervous.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ October 13 2009, 9:22 PM BST

I found the parts where he made jibes to Gabby Logan in retaliation to what she said (I'm unsure on what exactly was said) and the bits to Noel about being wacky (once again, I'm unsure on exact wordage) to be pretty awful. I'm not saying he was bad, but I wouldn't describe what he was saying as "quality", more just hit-and-miss.

He seemed pretty nervous to me. I think he was intimidated by the other comedians since the quick retort style comedy isn't really his thing. I liked watching him on the show but I think he's a bit more of an artist than a comedian I think.

I always watch never mind the buzzcoks shame Bll Bailey doesn't do it no more :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2ZJvqPgfI Please watch my comedy videos made on paint ^-^

I thought Rhod Gilbert was very good last week. I once shared a stage with him.

Quote: xBlackCrowx @ October 14 2009, 8:48 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2ZJvqPgfI Please watch my comedy videos made on paint ^-^

This belongs in the Critique section, not in here.

Welcome anyway.

Phwoar that blonde one was a bit of all right, the one on Phil's team.

Alex James' episode was really enjoyable. I've just re-watched it and the part when the bird from the Veronicas tried to flirt with him was hilarious.

I thought Rhod Gilbert was great, the "Love on the Northern Line" identity parade had me in stitches. James Corden and Alex James were very hit and miss as hosts though.

Quote: Joey Moose @ October 21 2009, 1:02 AM BST

James Corden and Alex James were very hit and miss as hosts though.

I'm guessing that Corden was the "miss"...

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 21 2009, 1:04 AM BST

I'm guessing that Corden was the "miss"...

Indeed. Although I didn't think Alex James was THAT good, he was a bit too tame. Not cynical or sarcastic enough for Buzzcocks in essence.