School Of Comedy Page 5

I just watched the final episode of this. It's kind of lost it, I think; it's not really holding my sense of humour. The sketches are just a bit over-reliant on the 'wow -- they're kids!' aspect rather than cos they're great sketches. The 'jokey paramedics' stuff is case in point; not funny in my opinion. I quite like the 'mouthing to the songs' stuff. That is always good for sketches (I don't know why; it's not particularly 'funny' in and of itself)

Still, the original pilot episode was really good and enjoyable and, unfortunately, I don't think the series lived up to that.

Dan

I'm just bumping this to say it's been recommissioned.

Not surprised; what's your source for that?

I really should watch past the first episode at some point.

Quote: Aaron @ February 24 2010, 2:24 PM GMT

Not surprised; what's your source for that?

I really should watch past the first episode at some point.

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/27335/producer-harries-blames-climate-of

Hopefully, Left Bank will get back to me about my sitcom. *fingers crossed*

Finally getting around to episode 2. I'd forgotten just what a comedically abhorrent programme this is. Absolutely terrible. Without a doubt the kids are talented performers and I think probably all of them have some future in acting or comedy, but it's such a bad show. I can only assume that the audience at the screening was comprised entirely of the childrens' parents, the writers, and their partners.

I quite liked the plant/x-ray sketch from episode 1. Not sure if I can remember anything else.

It's actually better than I thought it would be.
Like the King is Dead it seems awful on the surface.
(I'm just paraphrasing)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 3 2010, 11:19 PM BST

It's actually better than I thought it would be.
Like the King is Dead it seems awful on the surface.
(I'm just paraphrasing)

Laughing out loud

I wonder if Seefacts is watching the latest series as he wrote for the first. I wonder if he's still writing comedy. I suppose we all wonder about Seefacts in our loneliest moments.

Seefacts is fine, as far as I know, but I'll drop him a line and tell him you're thinking of him, Matt. He was getting into stand-up the last time we spoke.

Check out the new Official School of Comedy iPhone App!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fngHAo5KK1Q

http://irishhomo.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-disappointment-school-of-comedy.html

I guess they must have done a lot of filming for this series which didn't end up making it into the final edit. In episode 206, the last episode of the series, they started introducing new characters, including a stereotypical Italian mob family and a woman who keeps up a running narration during dinner parties.
From looking at the "School of Comedy" web page, it seems like the Italian family were supposed to be recurring characters this series, but they just appeared this one time in the final episode! Maybe some of the cut stuff will end up on the DVD.