School Of Comedy Page 3

It differentiates it from the pilot.

Anyway. A mix. Some was just plain bad, and didn't seem to have any humour at all. A couple of re-used sketches from the pilot (but diminishing returns etc). Really enjoyed the cabbie - until the last couple of lines. Ruined the flow of it for me. Ditto with the farmer; good until she finally got the engine going.

The final court room sketch (Copacabana) was good, but the former two - whilst good ideas - just didn't work for me.

All in all, mediocre. Not that good, but not really bad. Just 'alright'. A far more equal hit/miss ratio than many other recent sketch shows. I'll wait to see how it develops, but an improvement from (what I remember of) last year's pilot episode.

But the laughter, good God, absolutely terrible. So hollow and far away. Recorded at a theatre screening, by chance? That particular track needs majorly remastering.

And I'd be interested to hear what this "very specific style" was that they wanted.

Quote: Aaron @ October 2 2009, 3:47 AM BST

And I'd be interested to hear what this "very specific style" was that they wanted.

Don't know. Perhaps they just didn't like my sketches and were just trying to be nice? It's a long-shot but I have to at least consider the possibility. :D

I think the sketches rely on kids using swear words for a laugh too much. I hear that enough at home to not find it funny anymore.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 2 2009, 8:19 AM BST

I think the sketches rely on kids using swear words for a laugh too much. I hear that enough at home to not find it funny anymore.

Change the nanny then. Australians are famous for their foul language.

Quote: Marc P @ October 2 2009, 8:23 AM BST

Change the nanny then. Australians are famous for their foul language.

But my husband likes her so much. :|

:D

I missed it. Is there anything in it for a grown up man?

Quote: chipolata @ October 2 2009, 10:24 AM BST

No.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 2 2009, 10:25 AM BST

No.

:D

Why? Does your Dad want to watch?

Dan

From the latest trailer, they appear to be doing a piss take of 'Tipping the Velvet' but set in the 1940s.

So there you go Chip, real teens pretending to be lesbians, unlike like those so called 'websites' on that so called 'internet'.

Tom Worsley said that he didn't think he was getting anything new in the series, but his sketches from the pilot might make it.

I'm glad they got rid of the stage based sketches from the pilot - they seemed a little cheap.

Were the 'old fashioned' room sketches lifted directly from the pilot and not re-recorded?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:51 PM BST

I enjoyed the teacher sketches, but the rest left me a bit let down. Unlike say, Paul Whitehouse, who has probably met most of the characters he's created in real life, this had a parody of a parody feel about it

You not wrong their son, charcter comedy parody- 'ardest game in the world

Quote: youngian @ October 2 2009, 1:21 PM BST

You not wrong their son, charcter comedy parody- 'ardest game in the world

It's not ping pong then?

Had this on in the background. The performances aren't as bad as I thought, and they're not as annoying as I imagined. The material is pretty good too, if not a little silly.

I dunno if I'll watch next week, but overall not bad if there's nothing else on.