School Of Comedy Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2009, 11:02 PM BST

Did seefacts work on this?

I think he had a couple of sketches in this (and the pilot).

*slap* "And that's for insolence (sp?)"

Not sure if Seefacts worked on this series... there's hardly any info about the new series on the internet, it's mostly stuff left over from the Comedy Lab pilot they did.

I noticed there were a few cast changes from when they did the Comedy Lab thing - no Arthur Sturridge, and I'm pretty sure Charlie Wernham (the cabbie) is new to the cast... anyone know if Sturridge will be returning? Also I noticed a few people like Africa Nile seem to have been demoted to supporting members.

Anyway, the first episode seemed pretty good overall. Loved the return of the old-fashioned property, and enjoyed all the court scenes.

Why wasn't Jimmy Clitheroe in it ?

:(

I thought it was good and the kids were great but it didn't need a laughter track and would have worked better without one.

I enjoyed the teacher sketches, but the rest left me a bit let down. Unlike say, Paul Whitehouse, who has probably met most of the characters he's created in real life, this had a parody of a parody feel about it - cab drivers must speak like this, cockney pub landladies probably sound like this, etc. The lack of authenticity took a big chuck from the comedy delivery.

The Son of Rambow lad was very, very good though.

Anyone else feel uncomfortable when they get the little kiddie widdies to swear or talk about sexual things?

Nope, I love those bits.
I am easily pleased.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 11:55 PM BST

I am easily pleased.

*insert obligatory Aaron having sex with zooo joke here please*

Seefacts didn't have anything in tonight's show. :( I'll try to find out from him whether anything of his has made it into the series.

I sent the producer of the show some sketches for this (as I imagine others here did). Mine weren't "in the very specific style" that they wanted. Have to say I didn't write anything that had swear words or lewdness in it, because I felt a bit uncomfortable about kids performing that sort of material. It's a fine line to tread. Let's wait to see if the Daily Mail notices this show and gets its knickers in a twist. (I originally thought this was going to go out on C4 - was it switched to E4 in light of the recent-ish C4 Girls and Boys controversy?)

It was hit and miss (obviously) tonight, but the kids are very talented. I liked the South African security guards. :)

Unimpressed

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 2 2009, 12:04 AM BST

but the kids are very talented. I liked the South African security guards. :)

Yes, they were very good.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2009, 10:13 PM BST

Why does the really talented one remind of a young Tim Walker?

Because he was in pretty much every sketch, showing-off? Errr

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2009, 10:13 PM BST

Why does the really talented one remind of a young Tim Walker?

*insert obligatory small penis / no pubic hair joke here*

Hello Seefacts! Wave Wave Wave

(I know you have much better things to do now - I'm paraphrasing your "leaving thread" here - but I've got this crazy idea that in your important and busy life you might have found a minute to pop into this thread)

Hi!

:|

Quote: Jonwo @ October 1 2009, 11:42 PM BST

I thought it was good and the kids were great but it didn't need a laughter track and would have worked better without one.

Good point.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2009, 10:26 PM BST

I don't really like the child novelty thing. I prefer the natural kids in Outnumbered.

And I hate to say this about a child, but the old man face boy is just irritating.

This.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ October 1 2009, 11:06 PM BST

I think he had a couple of sketches in the pilot.

The unfunniest of the lot.

Already put "Series 1" in the thread title, Aaron? Isn't that a little presumptuous after only one episode? Do you know something we don't know? ;)