Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2009, 10:32 AM BST

I particularly liked his review of the 50 Cent game.

They're doing a British version, in which Girls Aloud go on a drunken knifing-and-bottling tour of the Newcastle club circuit.

Odd how no-one ever mentions the conviction of Cheryl Cole (then Tweedy) for racially abusing and attacking a woman working in the ladies toilets of 'The Drink' nightclub in Guildford, thesedays...

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 11:07 AM BST

Odd how no-one ever mentions the conviction of Cheryl Cole (then Tweedy) for racially abusing and attacking a woman working in the ladies toilets of 'The Drink' nightclub in Guildford, thesedays...

Well, she was done for decking a toilet attendant but was cleared on the race bit.

Why do you have to let the facts get in the way of my ire for Cheryl Cole? Besides, I lived in Guildford at the time and word on the street was that she definitely was racially abusive. (This is just hearsay on my part, of course, but impossible to disprove, hence I suggest you interpret it as fact. :) )

It's just a feeling, but watching her closely on X Factor, which I do weekly, I can't help but feel she's permanently tranqued up to the eyeballs on some kind of heavy-duty medicine. Or drunk. I bet she self-harms, too. Pass it on.

I agree with your sedatives +/- alcohol theory and further suggest that she looks like she is also turned-on by sex games involving humiliation, due to underlying self-esteem issues. I would stress that I cannot prove any of this until I spend a large amount of time alone with her in an unhealthy extra-marital relationship.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 11:22 AM BST

Why do you have to let the facts get in the way of my ire for Cheryl Cole? Besides, I lived in Guildford at the time and word on the street was that she definitely was racially abusive. (This is just hearsay on my part, of course, but impossible to disprove, hence I suggest you interpret it as fact. :) )

Yes, but she regularly sucks famous mixed race footballer cock - you can't be racist if your taking brown knob in the face.

As for those complaining about Brooker saying 'I don't know anything about video games, so I didn't enjoy the programme', what did you expect?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:31 AM BST

Yes, but she regularly sucks famous mixed race footballer cock

Oh really, who's?

you can't be racist if your taking brown knob in the face.

The BCG's Professor of Moral Philosophy, ladies and gentlemen. ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 11:34 AM BST

Oh really, who's?

:S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 1 2009, 11:39 AM BST

:S

Not her hubby's surely, he's not into girls, is he?

As for those complaining about Brooker saying 'I don't know anything about video games, so I didn't enjoy the programme', what did you expect?

I think there was plenty to enjoy for those who weren't either informed about video games or active gamers themselves. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 11:40 AM BST

Not her hubby's surely, he's not into girls, is he?

As a mini-cab driver famously once said to me 'You know them footballers, they're all up each other. No lie, I have a mate who used to be in West Ham reserves, he told me they're sick of being able to pull all the birds so easily, so they like to have a bit of cock. I have another mate who went to a nightclub and at the end of the evening they said, can all the gays stay in this bar and all the straights go next door. George Michael, Nigel Benn and Sol Campbell all stayed in the gay bit. I'm telling ya, they're all up each other.'

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 11:29 AM BST

I agree with your sedatives +/- alcohol theory and further suggest that she looks like she is also turned-on by sex games involving humiliation, due to underlying self-esteem issues. I would stress that I cannot prove any of this until I spend a large amount of time alone with her in an unhealthy extra-marital relationship.

I'm shocked she always comes across as such a genuine, charismatic and charming young lady.

Well there you go, then. Bang to rights! (But come on, statistically some of them must be gay. Nothing to be ashamed of in any other walk of life except sport, it seems.)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 1 2009, 11:26 AM BST

watching her closely on X Factor, which I do weekly,

Pass it on.

Kevin likes watching X Factor, what a girl.

Quote: youngian @ October 1 2009, 11:44 AM BST

I'm shocked she always comes across as such a genuine, charismatic and charming young lady.

Well to my mind it's all a sad façade. Sorry to break the news to you like this. Console