As It Occurs To Me Page 2

This did not win a Loaded LAFTA. I suspect it was down to the mawkish Kennedy insulting that fella...

Dan

Listening to the new one now. It feels and sounds a lot tighter and better prepared than the first series, whether that's the case, does it matter? It's back! AIOTM (AIOTM)

Quote: swerytd @ October 31 2009, 12:56 AM BST

Name checks I see for our esteemed BCG luminaries, Mark and Aaron, but why 'Orange' and 'Non-Orange'?

Really?! I'll have to listen to it now.

Quote: swerytd @ October 31 2009, 12:56 AM BST

Name checks I see for our esteemed BCG luminaries, Mark and Aaron, but why 'Orange' and 'Non-Orange'?

Dan

Probably a reference to a joke made in Collings and Herrin podcasts about Mark being paid in orange juice to host their podcasts on this site. :)

I have now listened to the first 3 episodes and really enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to getting through the rest, and up to date.

Re 'orange', Mark is known as Orange Mark because he asked for an orange juice rather than an alcoholic beverage when he first met Andrew and Richard to discuss the podcast plans. I assume I'm Non-Orange because I've never met any of them and so they wouldn't know what I'd have.

Glad that Emma Kennedy pronounced my name right!

I listened to the first one today as well.
It's not too bad & I'll be adding it to my listen on the train playlist.

Yeah it's good. Even having only listened to 3 or 4 you can see it improves in quality every week.

And yay for the non orange Aaron mention on the first week! :)

I think with AIOTM you can really hear the show develop over the course of the first series. The show properly hits its stride about episode 8 I think so I do urge everyone to go all the way through the series.

Obviously Series 2 is now here - and is now quite polished (particularly impressive is the fact there's no editing - so very little duff material I thought given that it was an hour without cuts). Dan Tetsell's 'Little Andrew Collings' cracks me up every time.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/as_it_occurs_to_me/

Herring has just tweeted.

Herring1967 Lots of tickets left for AIOTM tonight. So if you get bored of drinking in the sun pop down to Leicester Sq Theatre and buy on the door!

Just listened to the first episode of the second series.

I noticed I also get a mention at about 21 minutes in.

I'm "a man on the internet".

Thanks Dan!

Can you give a bit of a shout out to my mum in the next episode? Ta.

I'm going on Monday. :) Very excited.

I would seriously recommend going to see this. I really enjoyed it and those who go down get to have 40 minutes of Herring doing stand up before hand.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 19 2010, 9:02 AM BST

those who go down get to have 40 minutes of Herring doing stand up

I can confirm that you get to watch this even if you do not go down on him.

Did you go to this as well Kev?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 19 2010, 9:57 AM BST

Did you go to this as well Kev?

I've seen it live before, yes.

It's definitely a lot more fun live. Herring really knows how to work the crowd and he's obviously got a loyal fan base that makes for a good atmosphere.

You also get a better sense of what's ad libbed, what's scripted, and the chemistry between the performers, imo.

Plus, as Ellie said, you get a half hour of semi-improvised Herring before the main act kicks off, which is pretty funny. Good value for money.