As It Occurs To Me

This is a new (free, apparently) podcast that Richard Herring will be performing (mostly) himself at the Leicester Square Theatre. It's going to be stand-up and sketches and he'll then put it on iTunes so everyone can listen. Basically seems to be one of the first 'shows' by a well-known comedian to bypass the broadcasters entirely (I'm sure I'm wrong in some respect or other)

Anyway, it probably needs its own thread and you can get tickets for the recordings of the shows here: As It Occurs To Me Tickets

Recording is every Monday (starting 12th Oct) for eight consecutive weeks.

Dan

I think this sounds pretty good!

Also starring Emma Kennedy and other good comics.

Excellent, look forward to that. As good as the Collings / Herrin podcasts can be, it'll be good to listen to something solo from Richard. Now we just need a solo podcast from Andrew too. Not that I'm trying to split them up or anything. Come on Andrew it's about time you used that podcast studio Richard bought you last Christmas.

God what am I saying? Where's my life going, keeping up with podcast gossip? What a sad f**k I am. I'm never listening to another comedy podcast again.

Stephen!

Shit.

Show 2 up now (after forgetting completely about it): https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/as_it_occurs_to_me/

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 29 2009, 4:16 PM BST

It's going to be stand-up and sketches and he'll Aaron or Mark will then put it on iTunes so everyone can listen.

;)

Haha -- technical idiot...

;)

Dan

It's interesting to hear this podcast progress as Richard and team get used to the format. It's a pretty bold experiment really. If you don't know what the show is about, here's a video introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ku-TFkm6Mk

(Also worth watching if you listen to the series as you can get a better picture of what the recording is like)

Download the shows for free here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/as_it_occurs_to_me/

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 10 2009, 2:55 AM BST

Stephen!

Shit.

Coming!

:D

Is this available on iTunes?

In my coughing, spluttering, drugged-up stupor, I've just listened to the first two episodes of this and it seems to be finding its feet quite well. It's essentially an extension of Radio 2's That Was Then, This Is Now, but I liked that a lot so this is very appealing too. Laughing along and enjoying it very much.

Credit to Richard for actually going out there and doing this for free. It's nice to have something that's a 'proper' comedy/sketch show and not just some people in a room (which seems to be the preferred format for 'comedy'). That's not a go at Collings & Herrin btw, just a preference for more structured comedy.

Anyway, as good as stuff on radio. Go listen! You won't be disappointed (unless you're 'j'accuse'...)

Name checks I see for our esteemed BCG luminaries, Mark and Aaron, but why 'Orange' and 'Non-Orange'?

Dan

I want to go and see it.

I've listened to all of this series now and enjoyed it a lot. Sounded like a really good laugh to record and was very funny in places. Emma Kennedy, Dan Tetsell and Christian Riley all keeping everyone entertained.

It's well worth a listen if you like your radio comedy and especially if you like Richard Herring's That Was Then, This Is Now on Radio 2, as it's effectively a version of that ie. what happened this week to Richard, rather than what happened this week in years gone by.

He just wants to be on the telly. Let him be on the telly!

They've booked the Leicester Square Theatre for a second series starting in May.

Dan

I listened to all of these back-to-back last week. Considering the speed at which they were put together, I thought they were damn good.

Herring clearly has some kind of core following, given that he feels comfortable doing callbacks to jokes he made on the radio almost 20 years ago.

Shame Tetsell died on his arse virtually every week during his brief out-of-character bits at the beginning, because he totally nailed all his in-character bits.

I think it took the team a few episodes to find their feet, but by the end of the run As It Occurs To Me was rather fun indeed - especially Dan Tetsell's impressions. I'm still in awe of how they managed to pull it together when you consider that Richard often still had no script on the Sunday.

I'm really glad the show is coming back for a second series as I think it just properly hit its stride in Episode 10. Having used Series 1 as a bit of a practice and learning ground, I think they now know what really works and what doesn't, so can be ever bigger and better in Series 2.

I kept meaning to go to this.
May it is then!

The entire series was worth listening to just for the bits where Richard gets cockslapped by Jesus. Oh and of course Emma's brilliant psychotic Subo impression. "Don't call me mental, I'll f**kin' kill ye!"
And Dan's tenuous Andrew Collins impression is hilarious.

Best podcast I've heard in a long time. Inventive, upbeat, filthy, childish fun.

Nyum Nyum Nyum.