Absolutely Fabulous Page 8

I was so pleased to see the new "Sport Relief" episode of "Ab Fab". The celebrity guests were worked in well - one of Jen's specialties - and there was some vintage "Ab Fab" slapstick. Lovely!

I just found this glimpse of the upcoming Olympics Special of "Absolutely Fabulous". http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/clips/4056-first-look-absolutely-fabulous-olympics-special
Looks delightful! :)

Are you watching Dead Boss, Todd? I suspect there's something about you'll quite like.

;) Absolutely Fabulous, dam missed that!

Ab Fab Rocks !

http://monsieurandreas.blogspot.com/2012/07/moviemagic-absolutely-fabulous.html

Enjoyed the Olympic special, best one of the specials for me.

I can't quite work out why I hate it so much.

Actually laughed at Bo and Marshall in the Olympic ep.

Best line - "Whoopi?"

Quote: sootyj @ July 24 2012, 5:35 PM BST

I can't quite work out why I hate it so much.

Apart from Horrocks, I found it detestable, too. Insultingly obvious gags and indifferent performances, at least in the 10 minutes which I endured.

I laughed once - when Patsy said she could see Edina's panty line (or is the other way round?) and she said she wasn't wearing any.

What the hell is so piss yourself funny about Saunders trying to bend down to pick up an enevelope?

Sorry Jennifer. I spent half an hour of my life with an open mind but it just is a load of crap.

Yes, Chappers, it is the other way around. I have to say that, predictably, I enjoyed this latest outing from "Ab Fab". Sure, it isn't the best or funniest episode of the show ever, but there's a lot of competition there from some very biting material over the years. The humour of this episode, often, was based on the audience's prior knowledge of the characters - an even in an average episode, "Ab Fab" is still better than a lot of sitcoms firing on all cylinders. It was nice to see the characters explored a bit more and, as always, we see that these people have depth below the eccentricity.
As always, the performances of the cast were spot on and I always admire how Saunders can derive humour from the absurdity of a situation rather than just doing gags.
I had a good time catching up with the crew again, still a smart and funny sitcom - I look forward to more! :)

Epiphany! I know what the US version of "Ab Fab" should be! Rather than a reboot with US actors playing Eddie, Pats et cetera - it should be about Bo. There has been talk about a spin-off series about US actress Mo Gaffney's "Ab Fab" character - Bo. This should be the US series. "Ab Fab" US should be a show centered around Bo and her adventures in LA as she attempts to make her way into the in crowd of the Hollywood glitterati. It could feature Mo's colleague's in the US - including Kathy Najimy and Roseanne Barr - and I'm sure plenty of US comedy actors would line up. It should be a spin-off of the Bristish series in the same style - rather than a remake! Absolutely Fabulous?

The new DVD is out - and is on its way to me! :D

Come on, Jen, do the film! I found out that the fabulous Jennifer was not sure about the idea - after the promise of a film version of "Ab Fab". There is definitely an audience out there for it and a movie would at last end years of fan speculation and, if it really were to be a last blast, end the phenomenon with a bang.

It's a must do!

In other news - I am keen to hear of Jen's new project. :D

Are they doing a film now? Please not make the film because it will be boring just like the series IMO.