Absolutely Fabulous Page 3

I do know quite a lot of men who enjoy the Bridget Jones films!
And no they're not gay. :)

A clip of the new series has been released - looking good! They seem to have shaped Bubble into an older character - which I feel was necessary after all of these years. She's still Bubble - she's just matured! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABnLQt-W2Po

Never been a fan of this series. Self indulgent Cambridge Footlights backslapping, too many of them. Bring on the actual funny comedy shows.

Who from Ab Fab was in Footlights?

Just caught the trailers for this. Boy, have they all got old. It looks like an episode of The Golden Girls.

How dare they age!

Quote: zooo @ December 23 2011, 4:18 PM GMT

How dare they age!

Now then, zooo, no word twisting! You know as well as I do that I'm the most caring and understanding member of the BCG family. I was just shocked at how old they now are.

Quote: sunderland @ December 15 2011, 8:50 PM GMT

Never been a fan of this series. Self indulgent Cambridge Footlights backslapping, too many of them. Bring on the actual funny comedy shows.

I'm not going to issue a rebut to this post - Merry Christmas :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 23 2011, 3:56 PM GMT

Just caught the trailers for this. Boy, have they all got old. It looks like an episode of The Golden Girls.

So delighted that they are back. The age of social media is ripe for the picking and it looks, from the previews, that Saunders has taken aim. The Kardashians and the whole reality/celebrity culture in line too. It's great that these characters can come back every few years and mock the current media and celebrity culture. Jennifer still has one of the wittiest, most outlandish sensibilities in comedy and it will always be funny, even as they age. That just adds a new layer of comedy.

P.S. Spoiler/prediction. Someone has been to prison and has returned with a 'scary' best friend. Perhaps it is the scary best friend who is demanding fifty thousand pounds from Edina and Patsy in one of the previews...

There are plenty of sneak-peeks on the BBC website now... and tonight...
:)

Can't effin wait for this.

Yay, it's funny!
Am a little relieved.

God it feels great to have such a classic traditional British sitcom return to our screens during an era where there's been so much 'new' rubbish (My Family, Mad About Alice, After You've Gone, Doctors & Nurses, Teenage Kicks, Home Again, Carrie and Barry, The Green Green Grass, Life of Riley, Lab Rats, Big Top, Reggie Perrin, Mrs Brown's Boys) - and amazingly it hasn't done a Red Dwarf by making major changes to the formula.

Thank God we can rely on Saunders to show others how situation comedy is meant to be done.

I rather enjoyed it. It zipped along and had a few easy laughs. As a satire it's pretty toothless, but as a sitcom it has a certain hokey old-fashioned charm.

Just watched this, it was really funny, as it always was. Beeb 1 just don't make shows like this anymore.

Just when everyone was expecting the predictable 'Patsy walks out of prison' plot, out comes Saffy. Would have been nice for Sarah to have had more screen time though.

Much better than the last Christmas special and I hope the other 2 episodes are up to this standard.