Absolutely Fabulous Page 2

It gave me a warm feeling inside to see them again. I know. Sick

I know it's not everyone's thing but I love it.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 4 2009, 6:13 AM GMT

I know it's not everyone's thing but I love it.

Quite - I do too. I'm just hanging out for some more information on this new series! :)

Quote: ToddB @ March 23 2011, 2:35 PM GMT

Quite - I do too. I'm just hanging out for some more information on this new series! :)

I hope it happens, I want it badly.

I've been thinking for years that a yearly 'Comic Relief' sketch would be great - not even a series or a full episode, just a little bite like they did with Emma Bunton one year. Even where there is not a full story, a quick skit showing Edina and Pats's take on some new fads would be great, as no-one else does this like them.
Still, a new series or special would be exceptional. There are some threads of story here that Jen could mine some more and fads/fashion/media/entertainment will always provide her with material.

Joanna Lumley has confirmed they are filming three new episodes this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a315615/joanna-lumley-confirms-more-ab-fab.html

Yes... I suppose I'll have to see Series 2 onwards fairly quickly! https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000523/absolutely_fabulous_to_return/

I expect these new eps to broadcast over the Christmas period, if they really are just the three.

Fabulous news Sweetie, thank you.

I am very happy Ab Fab is returning, but those ladies now have some real competition in the loony diva division. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9AcMqucII

Please create a new thread in the Showcase forum to promote your own videos.

:D This is the best news in television for ages. "Absolutely Fabulous" is (as you probably know) my favourite show and I'm so pleased that it is returning after a long break. No doubt Jennifer Saunders has accumulated lots of new ideas as the arts/media/entertainment/fashion industries have evolved since the last series. Lady Gaga Twitter, Facebook and numerous other phenomena will provide ample fuel for "Ab Fab".
The characters always evolve too - I can't wait to see what they're up to now!

Good news. Not the biggest fan, but I enjoyed it.

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2011, 7:38 PM BST

I expect these new eps to broadcast over the Christmas period, if they really are just the three.

Same here. Or at least the first episode will probably be on during Christmas time, anyway.

I was just reflecting that Jennifer Saunders's Jennifer March character in "Girls On top" seems to be an earlier development of the Bubble character that she wrote for Jane Horrocks in Absolutely Fabulous".
The Lady Carlton character from "Girls On Top" is also similar to Gran from "Ab Fab".

Watched the repeat last night, was it from series one? Yes, good to see again, always entertaining, but realised I couldn't sit through a whole series of it once more, as it's very loud and garish. The fact it's SO female oriented does a gag a bit too, in truth. Saunders' vivid acting style is also quite wearing. I see it more now as an impact sitcom, it came along and made a big splash, but quite soon outstays its welcome.

Yeah, bloody women, on our TVs.

Let me put it better then, so female WORLD oriented. How's that. I find it a bit self obsessive, exclusive kind of thing, like those Bridget Jones films. Not really made for us blokes, are they.