Katy Brand's Big Ass Show - Series 3 Page 2

I think she's a really funny, talented comedy actress, but the sketches often let her down.

Quote: Timbo @ September 26 2009, 7:08 PM BST

Am I the only one becoming really bored of crap celebrity parodies?

No.

Unless they're done well, or are original. Which Katy Brand is at least one of the two on each count. :)

Quote: Mark @ September 26 2009, 2:07 PM BST

(Aaron, the Lily Allen sketches are a reference to the fact that in real life she's pretty much tried her hand at everything, from journalist to TV chat show host, none of which has gone well - but it doesn't seem to faze her)

I guessed she must have some kind of reputation along those lines, but wasn't sure. Makes more sense now. :)

Quote: catskillz @ September 27 2009, 5:07 AM BST

I think she's a really funny, talented comedy actress, but the sketches often let her down.

I agree.

Quote: Timbo @ September 26 2009, 7:08 PM BST

Am I the only one becoming really bored of crap celebrity parodies?

No - me too.

Doesn't she write a lot of it herself?

Quote: Chappers @ September 27 2009, 8:14 PM BST

Doesn't she write a lot of it herself?

Possibly - but there was a truly epic list of writer credit's on this week's show.

I always assume the stars write it all themselves! I'm so naïve.

Get rid of her. She is awful.

It's not funny in the slightest.

She is a glorified gobby fatty from a lonely hearts column. Let's rip the piss out of people more successful than me, is that because your fat and insecure Katy...

Yes.

Everyone who does comedy 'impressions' rips the piss though.
Even thin ones. :O

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 10:16 PM BST

Everyone who does comedy 'impressions' rips the piss though.
Even thin ones. :O

Just don't like her. Seen her interviews and she just isn't funny, she even takes the piss out of people then, Why? Look at her, she is so very obviously insecure.

Well, I've always thought she comes across really nice in interviews.

Another good ep. Really enjoying this show. Very funny, very consistently so. Bravo to you and your writers, Katy!

Only two episodes left though. :(

I keep dipping in and out of the Katy Brand shows and I'll be thoroughly honest, it's actually not that bad and some of the sketches have even made me laugh.

I don't know which characters have been kept / dropped from previous series, but the ones I really enjoyed were -

The Army Girl - brilliantly written and acted, these always make me chuckle
The Drunk Briget Jones wannabe
The East London Olympic hopeful
The Royal children

Compared to some sketch shows I've seen recently, these seem to be well thought out and don't just rely on random swearing to get a laugh.

Yep! Those are all ace.

I think if people actually gave it a chance and watched an episode they'd find it funnier than they've assumed it is.

Quote: zooo @ October 5 2009, 12:54 PM BST

Yep! Those are all ace.

I think if people actually gave it a chance and watched an episode they'd find it funnier than they've assumed it is.

I've watched some and it is no funnier than I thought it would be. But I think you are assuming that people assume it will not be funny. Whose assumpton is wrong here? Because I think it's not bad - well put together and some very good bits, for sure. Better than most sketch shows on terrestrial.

Having said that, I do agree that Brand is a better comedian and performer than the material sometimes suggests, and the obsession with celeb parodies puts me off (though I am probably not the target market).

Quote: Badge @ October 6 2009, 1:47 AM BST

I've watched some and it is no funnier than I thought it would be. But I think you are assuming that people assume it will not be funny. Whose assumpton is wrong here?

:|
Eh?

Ha!
I'm going by people, who, confronted by a BBC Three comedy show will merrily slag it off and then when asked 'how much of it have you watched' will look at the floor and mumble 'well, I've seen the ads'.