Trigger Happy TV

I couldn't find a thread for this (thanks for the warning that pops up).

I'd be interested to hear what anyone else thought about this.
I wasn't a massive fan, but some of it used to make me laugh.

In places, genius. The format got tired quite quickly though. Series 1 & 2 very good. The music they used was great.

Highlight was probably the snail crossing the zebra crossing. And most of the stunts involving people dressed up as furry animals were fun as well. :)

I laughed my arse off when he waited in a lift dressed as a sumo.

Yup, parts of several episodes were PRICELESS!!!!

Stuffed Dog, Chainsaw & Blood Stained Overalls, Sailor, ...grams, Scout, Ghetto Blaster Character, Red Squirrel etc.

The car park one where it was dark and Dom comes out of the shadows and kicks a briefcase towards a guy screaming "Now you've got the money just let her go!" was brilliant.

Not seen it for a long time (since the original broadcasts) but yes, remember really enjoying most of it. Paticulary loved some of the music aswell- paticulary in one episode when they played Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin.

I never understood the point of the oversized phone. Maybe they tried that gag with a normal sized phone and people just assumed it was ordinary, everyday shouting?

Ah, Dom Joly, the smuggest of the smug c**ts.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 25 2009, 1:50 PM BST

I think I might be quite smug myself if I'd made a lot of money off the back of what was essentially a Candid Camera rip-off.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 24 2009, 10:25 PM BST

In places, genius. The format got tired quite quickly though. Series 1 & 2 very good. The music they used was great.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 25 2009, 1:50 PM BST

Agreed.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 1:53 PM BST

I think I might be quite smug myself if I'd made a lot of money off the back of what was essentially a Candid Camera rip-off.

Doesn't excuse it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 1:53 PM BST

Fair point. Joly has subsequently shown his limitations in everything he's done since.

:D

Trigger Happy TV was, at times, genius. The trouble is, I don't think Joly is ever going to be able to match that with his subsequent career. In fact, to date, I'm not sure he's done anything else even remotely noteworthy.

He does have an absolutely massive house though - just goes to show how rich you can be if you make a hit show that does well on the DVD sales.

(Joly is actually quite a brave man - he once performed a stand-up show at I think it was The Comedy Store in which he tried to be deliberately un-funny as he could be, just to prove people will laugh at anything when in a club setting)

Got to be my favourite Trigger moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Kwf75sZRg (bit trippy)

This is my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTV-YxOwLdA