Comebacks

I've just been watching 50 Greatest Comebacks on TV and I was wondering; if you could have anyone come back on our screens in sitcom land, then who would it be? And why?

(I hope this is allowed for the website.)

Personally, I would like to see Only Fools and Horses return BUT NOT as it did in 2001-2003 or as the same quality as The Green Green Grass. It would have to come back with its 1980s quality so in reality I don't want it to return yet in my dreams, I do.

I Love Lucy...

because they are all dead and never got along. Therefor, it might be very interesting to see Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel as extremely decrepit and grumpy. :)

I think I would like to see Alf Garnett's take on modern society.

I'd love to see a new series of The Wonder Years, set in the eighties or nineties.

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ September 20 2009, 1:08 AM BST

I think I would like to see Alf Garnett's take on modern society.

I would like to see Goodnight Sweetheart done again, but in a different era or with a twist

So many places and directions that that one could go.

Wouldn't mind an updated version of Dad's Army set in a more modern war setting, but might be a bit soon.

Del Boy and Rodney, simply the best.

I also have a soft spot for Kirk from Dear John....

Would like to see 'Birds Of A Feather' done again, though without any of the original cast and not using the original premise/plot. Oh, and a change of title would be welcome.

Citizen Smith...I think he'd sniff out a new revolution down Tooting way, and get Speed to ride in that tank over all the Chelsea tractors in Earlsfield. Cor I'd love to see that.

Thankyou for your feedback on this topic. Maybe the BBC will listen to you guys.

Dylan Moran! Please give that man something to do on TV. I like seeing him in film and all but it's not enough.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 21 2009, 3:30 PM BST

Would like to see 'Birds Of A Feather' done again, though without any of the original cast and not using the original premise/plot. Oh, and a change of title would be welcome.

So a totally different show then? lmao :D

How about it's reversed?

The women go to prison instead of the men and they have a gay next door neighbour who has a different man every night

Quote: david carmon @ September 21 2009, 10:45 AM BST

Wouldn't mind an updated version of Dad's Army set in a more modern war setting, but might be a bit soon.

I'm not sure you've really thought that one through...

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2009, 4:51 PM BST

I'm not sure you've really thought that one through...

I suppose not. I'm awful at explaining things clearly though.

I sort of mean that it would be good to do the same type of show again (old blokes doing daft stuff - NOT Last Of The Summer Wine style though).

Maybe have older blokes sent out to a war zone, set it in a 1990s war so not to be too insensitive to the people in the current wars.

Well it's an idea.

Just a bad one.
:D