Vibe TV Premier Screenwriting Competition 2009

This opp might be interesting to the screenwriters among us.

BLURB:

Writers International Premier Screen Talent:

A great opportunity for screenwriters to get a pilot made of their movie. If you think you've got what it takes to write a script then this is your chance to transform your work into film. As an industry partner, we are looking for great stories in any of the following genres: Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Horror, Romantic Comedy, Thriller/Suspense, Documentary, Fantasy, Ghost and Open genres.

Our Mission is to create an opportunity for screenwriters to have a 10 minute pilot of their work made available for distribution, e.g. to film festivals or Production/TV/Film companies to promote their work and to generate funding for the full project. Our competition aims to create a positive industry and audience exposure for work that would otherwise not be seen. Please review this document carefully. Submission of a screenplay to our 2009 competition constitutes acceptance of our competition rules and regulations.

Scripts will be judged by industry professionals. The winner of each genre will be awarded a certificate and go through to the final. The Vibe judging panel, will then decide on the winner of each genre and the ultimate competition winner for 2009.

http://www.vibetv.tv/competition.aspx

Haven't heard of this company before; does anyone know it they are reputable?

I was interested until I saw that their was an £18 entry fee and I never trust competitions that I have to pay for

Oh. I wasn't aware there was an entry fee.

And no. Never heard of these guys before.

Yep. It's at the bottom. I hate it when they grab my attention and my interest before I can see an entrance fee

A lot of screenwriting contests over the pond are between $50 - $100 to enter.

"This payment page has been created by RBS WorldPay for Vibe TV. Please review your purchase details, then select a card or payment to proceed to the next page.

Vibe TV

Amount £18.00

Note to Mr Mikey Jackson: we do not accept Tesco Club Card as payment."

Maybe you should read these things BEFORE you actually post them on here. Otherwise you are just a spam smuggler.

Quote: DIKTURNIP @ September 17 2009, 9:39 AM BST

Maybe you should read these things BEFORE you actually post them on here. Otherwise you are just a spam smuggler.

Steady. I'd rather we were told about all opportunities, then have a chance to explore them ourselves and discuss any shortcomings etc.

Note to Mr Mikey Jackson: we do not accept Tesco Club Card as payment.

Damn. That's what I thought theuy meant by cards. :P

I will write one hundred lines: "I promise to read in full next time."

Thinking about it, most of those screenwriter contests have entry fees.

Quote: Adam Blaize @ September 16 2009, 11:21 PM BST

I was interested until I saw that their was an £18 entry fee and I never trust competitions that I have to pay for

agh! I was :D but now I'm Teary

this is shameless.

A company who make barely decent corporate vids see the chance for an earner and think they can charge writers to send them scripts.

Quote: jdubya @ September 18 2009, 10:59 AM BST

this is shameless.

A company who make barely decent corporate vids see the chance for an earner and think they can charge writers to send them scripts.

I know, brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that? At 18 quid a pop, the Sitcom Trials would have been £6840 up on this last week. Another opportunity missed, damn.

I wished I hadn't flagged it up now. :P

I think people would have paid an entry fee for Sitcom Trials, knowing that they could get a chance to see their work acted on stage. Wouldn't they?

not aimed at you mikey. in fact I quite welcomed the chance of a good whinge.

I had whinged even more but I edited.

have you seen their corporate vids. the one of the bloke dancing just screams QUALITY doesn't it.

I could do better with my phone.

shall we write a screenplay about a disgruntled writer going postal in the offices of vibe TV and send it them.