Bilko

Hi

Does anyone where I can buy the full series of Bilko
It has 147 episodes

There is a 50th Anniversary edition DVD set, but it only has 18 episodes.

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can get this from please?

Thanks in advance

I saw a link to it on a previous Bilko thread, but I couldn't find it.
Try this http://www.ioffer.com/i/Sargent-Bilko-18-DVD-Set-142-Episodes-22-99-11215195

Totally illegal, mind. :)

Blimey. Coming out on proper legal DVD:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/15250234/The-Phil-Silvers-Show-Season-1/Product.html

I don't think he is as vividly remembered in his native land so there hasn't been such a big demand to bring them out. I have 50th anniversary edition which includes an affectionate commentary from Dick Van Dyke and some interesting introductions from Alan Melvin.

Quote: youngian @ June 4 2010, 1:54 PM BST

I don't think he is as vividly remembered in his native land so there hasn't been such a big demand to bring them out. I have 50th anniversary edition which includes an affectionate commentary from Dick Van Dyke and some interesting introductions from Alan Melvin.

Yeah, I've got that. Is he really not that well remembered? I'm surprised about that.

I bought that DVD for my Dad.

The extras are quite interesting
The show seemed to be winning lots of awards at the time, I'm surprised it doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves in the states.
It's got to be in the top 10 sitcoms of all time IMO.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 4 2010, 9:22 PM BST

It's got to be in the top 10 sitcoms of all time IMO.

Mine too. I'm still laughing at mahogany.

Quote: Badge @ June 5 2010, 12:56 AM BST

Laughing out loud

The Phil Silvers show isn't forgotten in the US; but it's not as popular here. Proof being the s1 DVD release is a full month and a half earlier in the UK!

I Have Recently Found some vhs tapes of Bilko at my local tip got them for free,some series and some black&white episodes to recorded off the telly.

I have just purchased a set of Bilko DVDs off e bay for only £8--plenty for sale on there.

Quote: george roper @ 6th January 2015, 9:56 PM GMT

I Have Recently Found some vhs tapes of Bilko at my local tip got them for free,some series and some black&white episodes to recorded off the telly.

Copy them onto DVD, which is what I did with all mine I had saved over the years. Simply connect VHS player to DVD recorder via scart and do them one at a time (you can then make a basic menu with the DVD machine) or record the whole lot onto one DVD RW and put into software to make a proper menu.

Do not though be tempted to cram too many onto one disc with compression as the quality will be crap and you could have synch problems.

Quote: Badge @ 5th June 2010, 12:56 AM BST

Quote: Mister Baadshah @ 9th September 2009, 8:53 PM BST

Hi

Does anyone where I can buy the full series of Bilko
It has 147 episodes

I have what purports to be the complete set and it has 143 episodes.

Where are the other four? Angry

For me, 'Bilko' (aka 'The Phil Silvers Show') is the number one sitcom of all time.

Not only that, it's leagues and leagues ahead of whatever might be in second place.

Utterly, utterly wonderful comedy.