What YouTube video are you watching? Page 207

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 17th August 2021, 9:37am [Edited]
  • England
  • 20,118 posts
Quote: paulted @ 17th August 2021, 7:51 AM

Smith and Jones the police interrogation. Makes me cry with laughter.

The one that never fails with me, is when they are sitting in a parked police car in the countryside, and a car comes zooming along in front of them, skids and crashes into a hedge, then reverses and drives off erratically.....................

Then one of them says to the other "I bet he drinks Carling Black Label"

Laughing out loud

beaky

• Tuesday 17th August 2021, 10:18am
  • Malaga and Brighton, United Kingdom
  • 2,954 posts

Last night watched Steve Coogan being interviewed by Armando Iannuchi in front of an audience, when Cameron was still PM. Also Coogan and his co-writer of Saxondale chatting to camera. Very illuminating on their way of working, which involves meticulous, even nit-picking, planning and analysis of their characters. A fair bit of false modesty and smugness, which perhaps they're entitled to.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 15th September 2021, 3:17pm
  • England
  • 20,118 posts

Yes, remarkable, and I'm surprised it is not done more often as it improves the film enormously, especially with the colourising.

There's was a documentary done couple of years ago where they did the same treatment on WWI battlefield films, going one step further by adding a soundtrack, estimating what the men were saying. It was incredible........or did I dream that.
I have a recording of it on DVD - I'll have to dig it out.

Ah, here we are - a promo clip. "They Shall Not Grow Old" by Peter Jackson. Superb!! Truly brings history to life.

Lazzard

• Wednesday 15th September 2021, 3:50pm
  • Ludlow, England
  • 5,620 posts
Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th September 2021, 3:17 PM

Yes, remarkable, and I'm surprised it is not done more often as it improves the film enormously, especially with the colourising.

Though, I can't stand the colourised L & H films.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 15th September 2021, 4:27pm
  • England
  • 20,118 posts
Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2021, 3:50 PM

Though, I can't stand the colourised L & H films.

Absolutely - it ruins them. As they did with the Alistair Sim "Scrooge" film. WHY. It took all the atmosphere out of it.