Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 4 2009, 5:58 PM BST

sorry.

I have ---> three, not THREE :P

How many?!?! Etc, etc . . .

four candles

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 5 2009, 1:12 PM BST

four candles

How many candles?!?!?! :O :O

So this is on to series four? Is that a long run in radio for a sketch show?

I haven't heard the show before but want to have a go at this. BBC have taken old recordings off their website. Anyone know where I could listen to them so I know what sort of style to write in? Lost cause since they were aired in Jan?

Cheers

Quote: sglen @ September 16 2009, 1:52 PM BST

I haven't heard the show before but want to have a go at this. BBC have taken old recordings off their website. Anyone know where I could listen to them so I know what sort of style to write in? Lost cause since they were aired in Jan?

You'll be able to find a torrent of series three, if you Google hard enough and don't mind breaking the law and alienating all the writers here who will lose out on literally pence in residuals.

Googling hint - stick "slimoo" on the end of your search.

Cheers!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 16 2009, 2:32 PM BST

You'll be able to find a torrent of series three, if you Google hard enough and don't mind breaking the law ../

Could someone please explain to an ignorant chap like me, just how the law stands on this, and more importantly, if you'll ever get caught?

Quote: Nogget @ September 16 2009, 7:08 PM BST

Could someone please explain to an ignorant chap like me, just how the law stands on this, and more importantly, if you'll ever get caught?

Well, it's copyright infringement, isn't it? A criminal offence. You can get fined and go to jail and stuff.

But unless you're sharing large quantities of stuff and/or selling it or making money from it in some way, I'd say the chances of anyone bothering to hunt you down and prosecute are negligble.

Well, I sent my two off into the unpredictable wilderness that is the Beeb.

I've got a sketch that I want to send, but it's a bit different.
I need to PM one of my trusted friends on here, but I don't want to in case they tell me that it's rubbish.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 9:45 PM BST

I've got a sketch that I want to send, but it's a bit different.
I need to PM one of my trusted friends on here, but I don't want to in case they tell me that it's rubbish.

I'm in a similar position Steve. I have a sketch that I'm not sure about or whether it's what they'll be looking for.

Have you two submitted stuff before and/or listened to the series?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 22 2009, 11:59 PM BST

Have you two submitted stuff before and/or listened to the series?

yes/no

I need to have a listen, but I don't use torrents or whatever.

I think Afinkawan has an mp3 of a sketch of his that was used. It was called Second Life. Or First Life???

In the last series, most sketches were about phone calls, answerphones, video games, etc, but I think they want people to think more out of the box this time.

I failed to get anything in last series, but back then (yes, it does seem a long time ago now) it was my very first attempt at radio scripts.