Comedies to come back Page 2

A third series of Look Around You. Although back to it's ten minute form. And another series of Marion and Geoff monologues, in which we forget that the Keith Barret Show ever happened. And, controversially, more Hippies.

Spaced. Or the Spaced team doing a brand new show.

Some kind of reunion of The Young Ones would also be ace.

Quote: chipolata @ September 1 2009, 2:01 PM BST

A third series of Look Around You. Although back to it's ten minute form. And another series of Marion and Geoff monologues, in which we forget that the Keith Barret Show ever happened. And, controversially, more Hippies.

Agreed. Or another series of Human Remains. It would also be nice to have another series of Goodnight Sweetheart or So Haunt Me.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 1 2009, 11:46 PM BST

Agreed. Or another series of Human Remains. It would also be nice to have another series of Goodnight Sweetheart or So Haunt Me.

Yes and no and no. :)

I agree the last two were a bit crap but they were my favourites when I was a kid, so despite me realising their innate crapness, I am unable to get them out of my system.

Quote: John M @ September 1 2009, 8:05 PM BST

Some kind of reunion of The Young Ones would also be ace.

Yes, would be interesting to see what Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson would look like shouting at and absuing one another, all these years later. But yes, definitely be good to see Nigel Planer as Neil again. They'll never do it though.

I am not a huge fan of the Young Ones but it would be good for Rik Myall to make a TV comedy comeback. He has to be one of the greatest comedy actors of all time, as he's in only his fifties, there's no way he should be effectively retired, if anything this should be his prime.

Adam and Joe.

Rik Mayall.

Rowan Atkinson.

Chris Morris.

Quote: chipolata @ September 1 2009, 1:40 PM BST

Another series of Help.

:)

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 1 2009, 11:46 PM BST

It would also be nice to have another series of Goodnight Sweetheart or So Haunt Me.

As great as they are, I wouldn't like to see a new series of either. Goodnight Sweetheart in particular was so excellently tied up at the end that they'd have nowhere to go with it.

Love to see back on the box "I din't know you cared" but who would play Uncle Mort?

Quote: Aaron @ September 6 2009, 6:28 PM BST

:)

As great as they are, I wouldn't like to see a new series of either. Goodnight Sweetheart in particular was so excellently tied up at the end that they'd have nowhere to go with it.

I know it would in effect ruin the series however it would still be brilliant to see it even if it might seem a bit of an anti-climax. Maybe in about five years or so which would mean in Gary's time they'd have reached the sixties.

I wouldn't like to see any show come back really (and certainly not The Young Ones) but I would be much more interested to see people working together again such as Rob Brydon and Julia Davis or Hugo Blick. Or Doug Naylor and Rob Grant.