Comedies to come back

Which British comedy would you most like to see make a comeback to TV with brand new episodes?

I would love to see Keeping Up Appearances return. It's a show that has the strength to carry more episodes, and it would be interesting to see what Hyacinth and rest of the gang are up to nowadays.

I'd like to see all four gents get back together for a new series of The League. But, like they've hinted before, not in Royston Vasey; a new world and characters.

Yes please.

Keeping Up Appearances is a good suggestion. IIRC, it was only Patricia Routledge wanting to do other shows which brought it to an end, as everyone else loved making it.

Maybe Not Going Out though. Too many possibilities.

More LoG. That would be wonderful.

A new comedy series written by and starring Fry And Laurie. Doesn't have to be a sketch show.

I agree with more LoG.

A new narrative comedy by Matthew Holness would be very welcome. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 31 2009, 2:56 PM BST

A new narrative comedy by Matthew Holness would be very welcome. :)

Damn straight.

A few things I'd like to see back-

Whose Line Is It Anyway- I know there's a few people on here who don't like it, but I think in an age where panel shows dominate the comedy output of most channels, WLIIA would offer something unique and different. I would love to see how some modern comics could perform in the improv format (David Mitchell for example). And it would hopefully get Tony Slattery back on our screens once again.

The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer- They have said they want to do a new sketch show, and this was by far their best work IMO. I'd far rather see them in this sort of format than doing more Shooting Stars. And I'm sure most of the supporting cast would be happy to return (Paul Whitehouse certainly would, based on the fact he's doing awful insurance adverts now).

A few othe things. I'd like to see Jasper Carrot do another standup TV show, rather than being stuck presenting game shows. How about we get Adam and Joe back on our screens again in another format. And I'd also like to see a new series of Absolute Power, the most undderated sitcom this decade IMO.

And I also agree that a new Matthew Holness series would be awesome, as well as something new by Fry and Laurie (I'm sure Stephen Fry said a while back that they wanted to do something new, but due to Hugh's commitments in America they haven't had time to make any progress with it)

Deffo more LOG. Seeing Mark, Steve and Reece performing together in Psychoville made me realise just how much I miss them.

Quote: Magnus D @ August 31 2009, 4:51 PM BST

I'd like to see Jasper Carrot do another standup TV show

Yup yup yup!

Quote: Magnus D @ August 31 2009, 4:51 PM BST

Whose Line Is It Anyway- I know there's a few people on here who don't like it, but I think in an age where panel shows dominate the comedy output of most channels, WLIIA would offer something unique and different. I would love to see how some modern comics could perform in the improv format (David Mitchell for example). And it would hopefully get Tony Slattery back on our screens once again.

The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer- They have said they want to do a new sketch show, and this was by far their best work IMO. I'd far rather see them in this sort of format than doing more Shooting Stars. And I'm sure most of the supporting cast would be happy to return (Paul Whitehouse certainly would, based on the fact he's doing awful insurance adverts now).

Seconded on both! I would love to see more Smell Of, obviously, and I think I'd go for that before WLiiA. But WLiiA would be absolutely amazing to see working again too.

Edit: Nevermind, stupid question

Another series of Help.

Nathan Barley.