Female friendly panel game Page 3

You could be right. Being funny is basically about seeking approval - so obvioulsy more work needs to be done in schools and in the home on making young girls as needy and desperate as boys. Interestingly a recent study purported to show that second children are funniest, as they are the least secure.

This comedy hothousing through neurosis seems to be working in the case of my teenage niece, who has body image problems, a much prettier (and humourless) elder sister, and a deeply resented younger sister. The girl is showing signs of possessing a real comic gift.

That's right, work on focusing the neuroses on their brains, rather than bodies! Ha.

I've also heard a lot of comics have absent or otherwise not strong father figures growing up, so imploring deadbeats to breed could also work a treat.

Well obviously those in charge at the BBC feel that most of the current stuff is aimed at a male audience.

Have I got news for you
Never mind the Buzzcocks
Mock the week
etc...........

I think, in general, panel shows are too male-centric. But there's not many alternatives.

I also think female viewers,in general, are more likely to spend their TV time watching soaps or reality TV than a panel show, but is that because they don't connect with the panel show format?

Quote: Chappers @ August 30 2009, 10:00 PM BST

Well obviously those in charge at the BBC feel that most of the current stuff is aimed at a male audience.

Have I got news for you
Never mind the Buzzcocks
Mock the week
etc...........

Exactly, how do you expect women to retain facts and information, especially about things that happened in the news, that week?!

I hope they have Trinny and Susannah as guest captains with Ferne Cotton and Christine Walkden as regular guests, that would be great. :S

Oh, who am I kidding, soon as you get a bunch of women in the room, they'll just attack each other and start crying and going on about how the studio is haunted and babies and periods and shoes and men peeing on loo seats.

(I'm being very sarcastic by the way, keep it in your knickers luv).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 31 2009, 5:10 PM BST

Exactly, how do you expect women to retain facts and information, especially about things that happened in the news, that week?!

I hope they have Trinny and Susannah as guest captains with Ferne Cotton and Christine Walkden as regular guests, that would be great. :S

Oh, who am I kidding, soon as you get a bunch of women in the room, they'll just attack each other and start crying and going on about how the studio is haunted and babies and periods and shoes and men peeing on loo seats.

There's already Loose Women.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 31 2009, 5:10 PM BST

The sarcasm is lost on me as I think that's exactly what would happen.

I think the fact that men watch more TV than women, and the generally competitive nature of men makes them more inclined to watch panel shows. Also women have become used to being judged on their looks, to be judged on intellect too is just unfair!

>_<

Quote: AngieBaby @ August 31 2009, 7:39 PM BST

Also women have become used to being judged on their looks, to be judged on intellect too is just unfair!

Come on. You know you can't have both.

I honestly don't know who these 'women' people are describing are. Maybe females who have been through a single sex education system are different, but my peers and I aren't like this stereo-type of shoe and chocolate obsessed, weepy wimps.

I don't know any either.
Am equally bemused.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 31 2009, 8:05 PM BST

I honestly don't know who these 'women' people are describing are. Maybe females who have been through a single sex education system are different, but my peers and I aren't like this stereo-type of shoe and chocolate obsessed, weepy wimps.

But admit it. You do like shoes and chocolate don't you.

That gives me a brilliant idea which will make me millions.

Stilletoes made out of chocolate!

Quote: Chappers @ August 31 2009, 8:13 PM BST

But admit it. You do like shoes and chocolate don't you.

As equally as I like booze and fast cars. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 31 2009, 8:16 PM BST

As equally as I like booze and fast cars. :)

*takes out breathalyser*

'Can you blow into this please madam?...no the breathalyser madam, I'm a married man.'

Really? Panel shows. Who actually gives a shit? I mean really. I think the sisters are doing it for themselves in all kinds of important areas.