New BBC Head Of Comedy...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000141/

Discuss?

Proof of the pudding etc. Although to me she doesn't seem all that.

BBC all run by women now. True or false? Good or bad?

She appears in one of my all-time favourite sitcom scenes.
She's a panellist on the spoof game show - 'Oo-er Sounds A Bit Rude' - in Filthy, Rich and Catflap.

I'm very pleased with this appointment. :)

Have heard nothing but good things about her in the past - good choice beeb. Congrats to her on the new bairn also (I think she's just come back from maternity leave?)

Can these people really make a difference or are, like Barack Obama, they ultimately doomed to be defeated by the system with the odd small victory along the way?

They can make a difference for me. And Cheryl certainly can. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 27 2009, 12:28 PM BST

Way to go Tim! :)

I'm talking about the wider viewing public, who just want good shows. Yes, good shows.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2009, 12:32 PM BST

I'm talking about the wider viewing public, who just want good shows. Yes, good shows.

I'm talking about me. Yes, me.

*thumbs up* Hopefully, this is good news for me to. *fingers, toes + everything else crossed*

Quote: Marc P @ August 27 2009, 12:31 PM BST

Way to go Tim! :)

Well, we'll see. Either her, Andrew Newman or Kenton would all have been good. Caroline L would have been brilliant, but I suspect she will continue to want to be hands-on in programme making. Still, the woman who helped commission Black Books and Spaced can only be good news for October commissioning.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2009, 12:32 PM BST

Yeah thin people like comedy too Chip!

Quote: Marc P @ August 27 2009, 1:25 PM BST

Yeah thin people like comedy too Chip!

Hang on, that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't the joke be something like, "What about thin people, Chip? Don't they deserve good comedy too?"

You've implied that I'm suggesting wider - i.e., fat - people deserve good comedy too. Or something. :)

I hope Blood Work isn't as obtuse.